PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Besides as much as possible. I retire in 1 and 1/2 years and my goal is to have 1 tin for each week for 10 years. When I think about it that does not seem like enough.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I wouldn't call mine a goal, but rather a ceaseless recurrence with the hopes of always having a fat cellar.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I have surpassed my goal. I only smoke about 1 bowl/week and it will take me a long time to work through what I have, even though I am young. I would guess I have under 50 lbs.

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
I think you should go for 20 years...1040 tins. If you get 2 oz. tins that's 130 pounds Zito! You got 1.5 years to make it happen, good luck!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm just barely beginning to stash tobacco, so my current goal is to find a dozen (or so) blends that I want to have on hand at all times. So far, I've got 3 or 4 "must haves", and one has already been discontinued (Sugar Barrel), so I'm off to a slow start...

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
No goals, I just keep stacking tins and filling jars as I see fit. I don't have the funds nor the space to go bananas and order up 20 tins of a blend when it comes back in stock on each site.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I need a new pipeline. My Fiance moved up to WA from OR so I can no longer get it through her... sigh. I have 20lb or so.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Today I finished jarring up all of my bulk and fifty some open tins. It took 48 half pint jars, 28 pints,

and 34 quarts. I still have about 5 pounds in unopened tins. I put labels on the jar lids that include the weight of the contents, and that totaled out at 46 pounds. That was a lot of work that took 2 days to complete! I made an order of 4 lbs today. I think I should put the brakes on the speed I'm going. I just started this in February. I will have a total of 880 ounces, and if one smoked 2oz/week that's damn near 17 years and I'm 61 and smoked cigarettes for 42 years. Now trying to be a glass half full guy I think I probably have all the cellar I'm gonna need. I guess I could rationalize that I'm doing it as an investment. :rofl: It's too much fun to just stop cold turkey, right? :roll:
tinner

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Whoever dies with the most pipes and most tobacco wins!!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
My goal right now is 33lbs., then when that is done it's 66 lbs. Are you seeing a pattern? I'm still trying blends I want to keep around, as well as stocking up on the stuff I already know I like.

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
My goal right now is not to cellar as much as it is to try the widest variety of blends possible. As I try new blends I'll be jarring up what I have, so a bit of a cellar will be built by default. Once I settle on a collection of blends that I prefer I will then set my goals on building a modest cellar. I smoke one or two bowls a week and my budget is minimal so a modest cellar is all I need, and more importantly, all I can afford.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I just wanna be like Peck. Going cold turkey on PAD/TAD can be done, i did it for over 2 months.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hey Zito, when you know what blends you will call "keepers" part of your cellar should be bulk

because it's much more affordable. The online sellers all have sales on blends every week and

if you get on their email list they will let you know what and when. Then get some canning jars,

that come in several sizes.
tinner :puffy:

Dec 24, 2012
just wanna be like Peck. Going cold turkey on PAD/TAD can be done, i did it for over 2 months.
LOL, I am pretty proud that I haven't bought any pipes in 5 weeks. See guys, it can be done. I will admit though that I have bought some tobacco in that time, so I ain't a perfect role model on the TAD front.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Realistically, I'd like to have enough to smoke for maybe fifteen years without buying any.
I like some tobacco fresher, so I'm not all that concerned about buying enough to last the fifty years American life expectancy says I'll have. Smoking ten year old Bohemian Scandal makes me realize that there is definitely an upper limit for latakia blends being to my taste. With Virginias, I'd love to be smoking some at forty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.