PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Since i started Cellaring i have lost some interest in PAD and have developed an infatuation with TAD i just like watching the weight grow i went from 5lbs to 8lbs in a few weeks and i look forward to tobacco packages a lot more then i ever did waiting for a pipe. But of course i still love my pipes i just love the smoke more.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
I don't know if I have any goals set in mind, but I was recently trying to do a little math. After some headache, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you smoke a bowl/day for a year, that would be roughly just under 3 lbs. With about 15 lbs. in the cellar, another few lbs. open and in rotation and a couple lbs. in the mail, that puts me just over 20 lbs w/o 1 blend that I can enjoy everyday for a year. A little disheartening prospective.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I would like to have approx 10 pounds. I know that is probably more than enough for me but I figured it is basically an investment. Tobacco will never be cheaper than today so I figured Ill smoke some, give some to friends and possibly sell some.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I have no such goal. Seeing that I only smoke about 2 to 3 bowls a day I don’t concern myself over having a shit load of tobacco. I have no idea how much I have, but a very rough estimate would be about 8 or possibly 10 pounds tops of various blends in Mason jars and unopened tins. Even with that small amount, as compared to others, I consider it to be too much and I’ll more likely than not ever smoke some of the blends that I have simply because I don’t care for them. That’s not to say I’ll not continue in purchasing and trying various other blends out of curiosity from time to time, but living on a pension necessitates much higher priorities in my life.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for all the nice comments, very interesting. Life expectancy is about 22 years so as jon11 so nicely states: "I think you should go for 20 years...1040 tins. If you get 2 oz. tins that's 130 pounds Zito! You got 1.5 years to make it happen, good luck!"
And so it shall be. Keep encouraging me, TAD is so much fun and I love boxes at the front door. I will now being trying a lot of the blends to see what I really like and then start as mentioned to buy in bulk. My main bulk of 2 lbs is 4Noggins CHF which I really liked.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I usually have a bowl a day, it depends. Im sure I have more than I will ever smoke unless i start constanly smoking. I probably got 30 or 40 pounds. 2/3 of it bulk in jars.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
My goal is to get down there and make an updated list of what I've got. Been busy cellaring for for the past few years and last time I did a tally was last year sometime. I still have newer tins tucked away in the coat closet that haven't been moved down to the main storage cabinet yet. And with a few new tins on the way I need to get on the ball.
Who is the forum member here that developed a tobacco cellar software? I meant to check that out back when I first learned of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't have much of a stash, but it seems to take me forever to open a tin while I'm puffing away on various

bulk blends. I'm not sure I'd still enjoy a blend if I had five pounds of it, fickle as that sounds. If I had to,

I suppose I could stretch a can of Carter Hall for a year, but a lot of the pleasure is being able to enjoy blends

and then move on to the next exciting new tin or bulk.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Thanks smokey -That's the one! If it turns rainy this weekend maybe I'll get started.
It might be best to find another site to keep track of your tobacco as peck is using too much bandwith on that one and it's liable to crash at any moment. :wink:

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Tom, didn't know you were over here, nice hearing from you. Yea on the cigar collection, at last inventory it's 3600 cigars, a cigar a day for 10 years. And so it shall be with the pipe baccy. Since I am retiring in the beginning of 2016, my goal is to have enough stash of both to cover 10 years without having to buy anything, like that's going to happen, LOL. I'm doing as much OT as I can stand to cover all of this. It's just that the cigars are really getting overpriced now and since I am really enjoying the pipe, no time like the present to build the cellar.
Here's the url for my cellar:
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/zitotczito

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Great to see you over here, yeah I've been here since Kevin started this site, read everything just don't post much.

I talked to cycleman a while back, he said he was down to 1 cigar a month now.
Remember pipe tobacco is cheaper, but the PAD thing can get pricy ! lol!
Miss the old days of CigarReview, but everything must progress.
Tom

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I just finished putting my current stash on tobaccocellar.com. Will have two 4 lb orders come this week

and then I'm going to stop, except for special sales. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
tinner

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I simply want a long supply of well aged (15 yr plus) with no worries of running short. I just want to be able to weather any storm that might come my way. I am sufficiently weather proof at the present time!
Mike S.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I have no goals. I just buy baccy when I'm able to do so and just add it to the cellar. Its stocking up nicely. I like the idea of having multiple tins of blends I enjoy but unfortunately the budget doesn't allow for it to happen at this time. I've got a nice little cellar and I'll just add to it slowly.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
At this point I don't really have a goal for my cellar. I just hope that it continues to hold out until i get a job. these last two years of unemployment have been rough on my tobacco stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.