PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Please consider completing the pipe and tobacco survey that I have online. It will take less than 5 minutes to complete. The results will be posted on the United Pipe Clubs of America webpage at unitedpipeclubs.org. Thanks in advance.
Pipe and Tobacco Survey

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Just completed. Results are interesting!
Same here.
Was interesting to see I was in the majority in most areas, especially since I'm currently a lone smoker. No pipe smoking friends or access to clubs and no B&M's nearby.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Done.
Interesting that so far NOBODY has been influenced by advertisements to smoke a pipe. Legislators trying to ram plain packaging through should take notice... but, that would only happen beyond the fields we know.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Was interesting to see I was in the majority in most areas, especially since I'm currently a lone smoker. No pipe smoking friends or access to clubs and no B&M's nearby.
Too bad we’re not closer. We seem of like mind in many regards. If I travel down Florida way I’ll message ya. Feel free to do the same if you come up to Tennessee.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion

I can relate. No pipe clubs that I know of here, and in Canada it's illegal to smoke in a shop, so no cigar lounges at your local B&M either.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I completed the survey. The results? Pretty much useless unless/until they are broken out into age, length of time smoking, etc. A bit of correlation would be most helpful. My guess is; older, long time smokers are more directed in their smoking. With the youngsters being all over the map as it were.I write this with regard to types of tobacco smoked, number of pipes, amount consumed daily, etc. But, that's only based on anecdotal information.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I’m hoping this survey may be used to demonstrate that there’s a vibrant and thriving pipe tobacco community which consists of adults, and is of little-to-no interest to youngsters. I believe this to be the actual case.
Anyway, if this is true maybe it’s an indicator that we need very little FDA oversight of our beloved hobby.
Hey, a guy can hope.

Jan 8, 2013
That was interesting. I don't often do surveys, but this one was fun and interesting.... of course, because it was for pipe smoking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Being the Typhoid Mary of all devices digital, I am sorry to inform you that the survey stalled after the first page, which I completed. I clicked on "Next" once, then double-click, the adjusted the scrolling and did so again, and several more times. Nothing. But that's just me. I'm sure it will work fine for everyone and anyone else. That is why I don't bother with a smart phone, iPad, or any other devices. They don't want me, and I don't want them, as a friend of mine said of Selective Service.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I completed the survey. I'd like to eventually know the end purpose of the survey. It may seem self-evident, but I've found it's always good to question things.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Completed. One observation; Peterson appears to be the most popular brand of pipes (assuming read the chart correctly) but Ireland is not an option for country of manufacture; this might skew the 'no preference' figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.