PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Has anybody else thought of smoking a certain pipe and tobacco for the holiday?

I've decided to celebrate the day by going All American and smoking some Carter Hall in a Missouri Meerschaum.

How about you?

Maybe we could start a forum tradition, if there isn't one already.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
think i'll stick with the Classic laboring man's theme--the Prince in my oldest Kaywoodie

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
If I were home, I have some Plum Pudding that I would smoke in my Quattrochiocchi egg; since I am offshore, I think I will enjoy some Hell's Kitchen in my Peterson Kildare X105 billiard.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Hey Whitebriar fellow ASA, "Vigilis Salutis"! Sorry I never got back to you, please accept my apologies. Your p.m. to me disappeared before I could read it. I will send you a p.m. tomorrow.
Personally, I like the idea of celebrating the holiday by smoking at least one pipeful of an American tobacco in an American pipe and MM's are associated strictly with the U.S.A. They are made in the U.S.A. from American grown material, not from imported briar. Just a symbolic gesture on my part.
This is the first topic I've posted. Thanks folks for the responses so far.

Aug 14, 2012
I have a model coming for painting Sun & Mon. I sure hope she doesn't make a fuss about the smoke. They get so self righteous sometimes.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I'll probably smoke Black house, ever since I tried my first bowl, that's what I smoke 90% of the time. Besides Russ is an American and his labor crafted that fine blend.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Hmm I think it'll be Halfling's Leaf in my LJ Peretti
Autumn Evening is sounding good too, though
Think I'll be BBQing a pork tenderloin and tiger shrimp also

Jul 15, 2011
Nothing says "American Smoke" like some good old fashioned Burley. I am still working my way through my tin of Safe Harbor Flake, which is an outstanding, high nicotine Burley blend. Might have to smoke some in a Dr. Grabow if I am to keep with the American theme, or maybe I will bust out an MM cob. In any case, it will be a late night smoke since I have to work that day.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Given the nature of the holiday, the proletariat casting off the yoke of oppression and controlling the means of production, etc., etc., I thought it would be more fitting to smoke a Lev Vasililev pipe stuffed with... hmm, I guess Balkan would be the closest to theme.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
Hey Whitebriar fellow ASA, "Vigilis Salutis"!
john218
your idea about the MMs has much merit--i may alter my plan to include KWs, MMs, and DrGs; smoking PA, Carter Hall, and maybe even a bit of Raleigh--gotta spread things around--

Status
Not open for further replies.