PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
The pipe. My unfinished Sav.

The Tobacco. Bull Run

The Movie. Olympus Has Fallen.
This was a great movie. Gerard Butler, as ex secret service couldn't have been any better unless he had a pipe hanging from his mouth through the movie. Which he didn't, but it would have been cool. There was tons of action and the acting was good as well. Some things were far fetched, but they managed to make the far fetched scenes believable. This was definitely a movie I'd kick back, load a pipe, and watch again. Just thought I'd share :)

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks undecagon. It was some much needed relaxing time for sure. The rest of my day off is going to include more relaxing and perhaps another movie. :)

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Very cool! I like old movies, or old Columbo reruns, when having a pipe.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
quick question anthony... how is that "bull run"? I have seen it around and wondered how it is.. let me know!

Jan 8, 2013
I sent you a PM, Smeigs.
I'm about to load up another bowl and watch Revolution on Netflix. It's turning into a pretty good series. :)

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Just had some 3 Oaks, now headed out to see The Prisoner. Nice to watch a movie WHILE you are having your pipe though... I wouldn't know I have to smoke outside. Maybe I shoul go to the Drive In theatre...

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I tried watching Revolution. I found all of the characters extremely annoying except for the bad guy captain and Miles. The premise is awesome though.
I have wanted to watch Olympus Has Fallen though. Is that on the Netflix?
The show Once Upon A Time is pretty good if you're in the market for a series. Captain Hook needs a pipe, in my opinion but it's Disney (ABC) so that's out.
I'm glad you're having a relaxing day.

Jan 8, 2013
Reichenbach, Olympus Has Fallen is indeed on Netflix for streaming now. Once Upon A Time is a great show! I've only watched season one though. I have a few shows I'm watching at the moment, so once one of them is caught up, I'm going to start Once Upon A Time again.

Dec 24, 2012
I enjoyed Olympus Has Fallen for what it was - a check your brain at the door homage to 80s action flicks.
Lately I have been watching Season 1 of Ray Donovan - I missed it when it was on originally but, damn, this is good stuff.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
Sounds like a good time. Wish I could kickback and smoke in the house. TOWMBO says no. I'm going to have to check that out on netflix. Thanks for the heads up. Been running out of things to watch. Now, I'll pay back the favor. Check out "Klown" on netflix. This movie almost killed me, but worth it.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Yeah smoking in the house isn't even a dream for me.
I've debated the garage, space heater, chair, laptop.....
+1 on Pecks assessment of Olympus Has Fallen: a preposterous, implausible, predictable, completely satisfying 2 hours of non-stop mindless and wonderful A-- kicking...

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
@Flyguy - I much prefer Robert Downey Jr.'s rendition of everyone's favorite detective.
And as far as a pipe and a movie goes, for me it'd have to be: either of the RDJ sherlock movies (can't wait for the 3rd), one of the LoTR/Hobbit movies, or an old Charlie Chaplin film. My favorite being "The Great Dictator" I definitely recommend it to anyone who dislikes hitler or likes old comedies.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Just watched Olympus Has Fallen. I really liked it. Super predictable, but still managed to squeeze in a little bit of suspense. Mostly - it was just a really great Action flick. Sometimes you need one of those. The choreography on some of the hand to hand fights was just excellent.

unclefester13

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
I have an unfinished Savinelli I am currently working on, I have Bull Run, and netflix . . . did you say Olympus Has Fallen, lol.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Sounds good Anthony, I've been re-watching the X Files on Netflix with a pipe out on the back deck until the weather really turns (which could be any day now). I'll have to check out Olympus has fallen maybe tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.