PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I did not break any speed records but 3 and a half months in I have completed my first pipe. Everything was done by hand with coping saw, files and sandpaper. Even the wax (Paragon) was by hand (I was not expecting to get as much luster as I did). This hand made "quality" has given the pipe its own character.
This pipe is a monster as I knew it would be when I ordered the block and stem. I wanted to make something I could not, or would be reluctant, to buy when more "practical" options were available.
The stats

Length: 18.6cm/ 7 3/8 inches

Bowl height: 58mm/ 2 5/16 inches

Chamber depth: 48mm/ 1 7/8 inches

Chamber width: 22mm/ 7/8 inch

Weight: unknown but I won't be clenching!

and this is where it all started

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
You did a beautiful job, and the smokes should taste all the better for it having been the product of your own work. :clap:

There's some really nice cross grain on that bowl.
Will you be doing another one soon?

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Very nice looking piece of briar. Congratulations, that's a good looking pipe you have there!!

Jan 8, 2013
Alright! :) It's about time you finished that thing up and posted it here! It looks great and I bet it will smoke great too. Let us know how that maiden burn goes. :clap:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well done! That's a great looking pipe.

Kudos to you for doing it all by hand. Enjoy. :puffy:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Thanks eveyrone. I look forward to starting the break in process.
Cortez: I'll do another one but maybe not till next winter. I sure learned a lot doing this one and it would be great to start the process with a little knowledge.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
The maiden voyage was today with some Rattray's Red Rapparee. It was superb. I have not broken in many pipes to compare it with but this was as smooth as could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.