PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So far, all my photos are still showing up here. But I'm guessing the days are numbered on that. So basically there are three paid plans, the highest paid being the Plus 500 which gets you 510 GB of storage, and the only one that will allow you to post your photos elsewhere. They are charging $39.99 a month for that service.
No thank you, Photobucket. I can understand Photobucket wanting to make money on their site, but they could have included the hosting option on any of those plans. I even would have paid the 5.99 for one plan or maybe even 9.99 for the other to be able to continue using the site as I have for years now. But only including the ability to share my photos elsewhere with the highest paid plan? Nope. I think it's a crap move by Photobucket. They won't get a red cent from me.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
I spent a few hours over the last couple of days downloading all of my photos from pb and then uploaded em to Imgur.
Wish I'd used them to begin with.
Much faster and easier to use than pb was.

Jan 8, 2013
I've never used Imgur. Can you separate photos into separate libraries? On Photobucket I had a separate library for my pipe related photos.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Anthony,
from what I'm gathering you Can separate them, But you need to set them up before you import them. Pretty difficult to set up different albums once you've imported em.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I do like imgur. Simple to upload and to post. Hopefully they won't go the way of Photobucket. And you can set up albums of photos there. I don't have much of a presence, so I don't know if any fees kick in when you're using a lot of disc space.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Postimage has separate albums. But, Photobucket had sub-albums as well, which was handy for organization.

For all of it's warts, Photobucket had the most features if you store a lot of photos. And ease of copying and posting a lot of links.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
phodobuggit-vi.jpg

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Even deleting my account was riddled with annoyances. Pop up ads would block the "delete" photos button.
I deleted my account. I was a member since 2005. We had to break up though.
I've joined Imgur.
I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to have a service like this.
Should imgur charge a small fee or offer a small plan, I'll support it.
I also made my very first meme... It was fun.
Here it is:
aX5k28X.png

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I deleted my account last week, but in looking at an old photo thread here, some pix were still showing. I clicked on one to find all of my pix were still there. I had to delete every album individually to zap them.

Jan 8, 2013
I followed your link Woodsroad and looked at their plans. Although I'd much rather be able to have a free plan like what I was using with Photosuckit, as anyone can see in the link I provided below, their plans are much much better. It would take years to reach the price of 1 year on Photosuckit's plans.
Photosuckit's 500 GB plan will cost $399.00 per year. Compared to Fotki's 1 Terrabyte (which is double the Gigabytes) costing $370.00 for... wait for it... 5 years! 5 years and still paying less than Photosuckit's plan with half the amount of storage.
I doubt I'll need that much and I might just be willing to pay for one of Fotki's lower plans just so I can tell Photosuckit to well... suck it.
https://secure.fotki.com/payment/view/

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I keep all my photos on my computer, backed up to external hard drives. Imgur and Postimage I use only for hosting photos I want on a website to share with others. (mostly here at this moment).
Pissbucket has been going down hill for a long time, but this really was an a**hole move.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Nothing is forever, but any site that offers free photo hosting will be on a much more fragile footing than a paid hosting site. Storing image files is expensive, and unless they can find a way to turn a buck on either your photos or the eyeballs that look at them, they are going to go belly up sooner rather than later.
All of those long-winded YouTube pipe videos are essentially subsidized by cat videos.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Facebook photos are probably the most enduring, you can't get rid of those, even if you want to! (but not very convenient for bulk storage)

Status
Not open for further replies.