PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

biosharkdev

Lurker
Jun 6, 2018
I've ordered mine on-line yesterday with a ton of Peterson and Rattrays tobacco. In Germany only 2 models were available with filter, not the system.
I've got #303.
002-029-41821.8277.jpg

biosharkdev

Lurker
Jun 6, 2018
P.S. At least on the description of both on-line shops I've checked was stated that they are filter ones. So... I'll updated my post later to let you know if I've got a filtered one or "The System" :)

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I ended up getting a 305 but the only stain issue I have is inside the bowl. It's strait up tacky, not in the aesthetic sense, but as a physical property. I tried smoking it, but the coating inside the bowl started to bubble. Anyone had this issue with these pipes or prior versions? I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

biosharkdev

Lurker
Jun 6, 2018
Thanks anthonyrosenthal. You enjoy yours as well.
I was luck the way I've ordered it. I actually went to the shop to order tobacco, and there I saw them, in all their beauty. I've recently bought another Peterson (Sterling Silver Army 999) so I wasn't planning on getting one soon, but I just couldn't say no. They are great looking pipes.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Any results on the improved stain from this year after smoking a couple times? I swore off their green pipes because all three of my green Peterson pipes changed colors. I had two of the 2015 St. Patty's day pipes and a Racing Green. They both turned yellowish brown on me.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I ended up getting a 305 but the only stain issue I have is inside the bowl. It's strait up tacky, not in the aesthetic sense, but as a physical property. I tried smoking it, but the coating inside the bowl started to bubble. Anyone had this issue with these pipes or prior versions? I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
If you mean the black coating inside the bowl, yeah, mine started coming off after scraping the bowl after the first smoke. Then more of it came off each time I wiped the bowl out. Finally I took it to the sink, ran hot water through it and used very little pressure with a bunch of paper towels and wiped most of it out. You can see the bare briar on the inside now. Not a huge fan of the coatings, but it's all good now.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
litup, I don't own a green Pete and couldn't comment on how the green stain holds up nowadays, but what you describe I've sen others report during that time period as well. So, think that commonly happened with that stain then. I've seen photos where the bowl has become mottled and mostly brown.

Jan 8, 2013
If you mean the black coating inside the bowl, yeah, mine started coming off after scraping the bowl after the first smoke.
Yep. The bowl coating they used on these pipes this year was a bit sub-par to say the least. If you purchase one, you may as well just go ahead and remove the bowl coating... it's gonna come off anyway :rofl: Other than that, no issues with mine. As far as the green stain issue that has also been brought up in this thread, Peterson said last year's pipe had an improved stain that shouldn't lose it's color. I imagine they used the same stain this year. As far as the older versions, the first time they used the stain was on the rim of the 2014 pipes. On my 2014 and the later models, the stain has held, and they're all still very green. But my pipes don't get a lot of natural light, and that was a factor with the those that lost color. I remember someone posted a photo of one that had been in a shop window. The left side of the pipe had turned brown, while the other side remained green.

coxman

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I fo ally got to enjoy my Peterson today. It was my first time smoking a system pipe and I must say I was impressed. I do like this pipe quite a lot! I paired it wil Eileen’s Dream and it was a great smoke...
npiG2Wt.jpg

WhmzFXS.jpg

FAynTmd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.