PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, lol, I just didn't want to sit there staring at them all trying to figure out which one I wanted just to have them get snatched up by the time I decide, if they go that quick, that is. Hoping to at least know roughly which shapes I've narrowed it down to by Wednesday.

Jan 8, 2013
I just didn't want to sit there staring at them all trying to figure out which one I wanted just to have them get snatched up by the time I decide, if they go that quick, that is.
:rofl: That's happened to me a couple of times! Then I was looking all over for the shape I wanted, hoping to order it soon enough that it would actually be delivered before Saint Patrick's Day! :rofl:

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Peterson-Header-2019.jpg
Since 1998, Peterson of Dublin has released a special, limited edition St. Patrick’s Day pipe each year, featuring many of the brand’s most popular designs, finished in a singular style unique to that edition. 2019’s St. Patrick’s pipe is the first to feature Peterson’s famed System engineering, a unique combination of higher draft hole and deep moisture well that promotes a gurgle free smoke. Available in nine fan-favorite shapes, split between p-lip (pictured below) and fishtail bits and finished in a deep, emerald green stain, it’s the perfect addition to the annual, limited edition line, and a testament to Peterson’s Irish heritage and tradition.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm fighting Spigot PAD right now. If I don't get an actual St. Patrick's Day from the above series.....I'm grabbing this.
[url='http://i.imgur.com/NauEVIJ' t=_self]
NauEVIJ.jpg'
[/url]

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Ahh, the days of pipe buying are gone. . .
I never forgave Peterson for dipping their pipes. I'd read posts by the diehards saying, "Yeah, I'm 20 bowls in and she's starting to come around." Then I heard about pipes drilled off-center, and that was it. Never owned one, despite had I been less busy judging the company by their defects and looked for a pipe without them I'm sure could have found a Peterson with which I was happy.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
had I been less busy judging the company by their defects and looked for a pipe without them I'm sure could have found a Peterson with which I was happy
This an absolutely correct statement. I shunned them for a while because of the internet bullshit.
Since I really got into Pete's I haven't found ONE dud. The only dud I had back in the day was due to the TURDS at ShineyPipes.
I'll tell how deep my love for Pete's has gone. I essentially only smoke pipes from two makers .... Peterson and Ryan Alden.
I have more than those two, but they do the heavy lifting.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ahh, the days of pipe buying are gone. . .
Same, though if they had have brought back the B56 for the SPD 2019 collection like they did in 2017, I'd likely get one.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well then I might as well cross-post over here on yours! :rofl: I got mine too! Also a 307 P-lip!
002-029-41137.4807.jpg

002-029-41137_1.6296.jpg

I'll wait to smoke mine on St. Patrick's Day as well! Enjoy the heck out of yours too! :puffy:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I love the look of this finish, but I’ve seen green pipes turn all sorts of ugly browns after use. Does anybody know how Peterson green fares after a few years?

Jan 8, 2013
but I’ve seen green pipes turn all sorts of ugly browns after use. Does anybody know how Peterson green fares after a few years?
The first couple years they had issues with the green fading, but changed their green stain which isn't supposed to fade last year. But that being said, none of mine have lost their green at all. Part of the problem is leaving the pipe in sunlight. Mine are always on a rack in the corner of my apartment. They never get natural light... at least not for long.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have an older Pete that appears to have been smoked hard. Still green, just darker green. Not quite the Celtic Ebony green, but not St. Patrick's Day green either.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Oh great...PAD surge hahaha. Thanks for the information, guys! Now, if they’d only make the 309 again, and in green!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I had a Pete 68 green spigot a few years ago. It made Nightcap sing.
After a few years of "heavy lifting", the bowl began to turn turd-brownish in spots and it started to look a pipe with Mossy Oak break-up. An old hunting buddy of mine saw it one day, liked it more than I did and "poof", it was gone.
Anymore, the only pipes I have are a few Castellos but, I'll have to say, that 03 up there (and its spigot counterpart) are awfully tempting.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Any worries about the stain? I remember something about the green stain doesn't hold up to time.
Edit

Missed the post above me.

Jan 8, 2013
Leacha, from what I understand, because of that issue, Peterson began using a new green stain last year that should not fade like the old ones. I guess we shall see.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I hope you're right on that one, Anthony.
In my eye, the green (and ebony) spigots are beautiful pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.