PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I have been wanting to purchase a Peterson for a while now and I wanted to get any of y'all that own ones take on the Peterson Dublin Edition XL02 and 03. I'm not sure which size I want to go with, but they're both the same price over at SP's and it would be a nice introduction into the Peterson line for me. I'm not particularly partial to any single brand/maker at this point, so I just want to spread the wealth of my collection and pipe rotation around a bit. I just really like the way this particular pipe (the 03) felt in my hand, and I'm sure the XL02 wouldn't be much different, just a little heavier and a little larger bowl. I just wanted some other guys opinions on smokeabilty and what you like about it, anything you don't like about it, etc.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I think so too. I like a larger bowl as the majority of my smokes are taken in long, relaxing moments. I like the larger bowl on the XL02 and it may even feel better in my hand. Might just go with that one when and if I make my purchase.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Agree with Anthony. I have never owned an 02 or 3, but do own a B42. Marvelously big, plump pipe with good hand feel. 1 of my favorite Peterson pipes.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I own several XL02, 302, 03, 303 pipes. Both the XL02 (302) and the 03 (303) are great shapes, if I had to choose only one, it would be the 03 (303) shape/size. The 03 (303) just smokes amazingly well, great size for ribbon and flakes.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Okay, so I'm leaning closer to the XL02. I can always pick up the little brother somewhere down the road. I like the 03 for what it is, but I also typically like the larger chamber for longer smokes. Obviously I could always repack the 03 if I wanted, but if I'm also only the mood for a half bowl, I could always half-pack the XL02. Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions gents!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Carolina, the XL02 is certainly a good choice as it is a very pleasing shape. Got me curious to see what lines it shows up in currently offered @ SP, so checked and they all look nice.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
My first 3 pipes were a Sav autograph 8 a Stanwell bent Dublin and a Bic edition Pete in the 03 shape. It is still my favorite shape for Petes.

Between the two, I like the 03. :puffpipe:
002-029-20856_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.