PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
I have three, The Return of Sherlock Holmes rusticated Sherlock Homes; The Hudson and The Deer Stalker. I really like them all, and I've got to say The Hudson is my favorite. I'm hoping to get more. No issues with quality on any of them, though I can't say the same for stem fit on my Peterson Dracula.

Mar 19, 2016
hi am new to the forum and a Sherlock Holmes addict, in that I have collected hundreds of Old Time Radio Shows, BBC shows, all the films I can get my hands on etc etc/ I have five Sherlock Holmes series pipes, two of which were once owned by Jim Lilley (how is that for provenience?). My question is which era of Sherlock Holmes pipes are the best for quality? I have an offer to buy an unsmoked set of seven Sherlock Holmes pipes from 2007. How do they compare with other eras? As I am Irish, I have decided to concentrate on Peterson's pipes as I know the shop well and it is easy to get replacement stems etc, with a minimum of effort.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Petersonaddict, Maybe you've seen this post on the IPPC, if not here it is (2nd down):

https://btheinternationalpetersonpipeclub.runboard.com/t2050
Sounds as if you can inspect before buying? That would be the way to go.
I had a Baskerville arrive yesterday, a 1991. It has a 2-3mm fill on the side, otherwise I like the grain and it's a lovely pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.