Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade (Birdseye Bonanza)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is a recently acquired pipe. It's a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade in Natural Finish and it is a Birdseye Bonanza. I love the way this hangs. I've been leery of bent pipes because I've had many that were complete turds. Some were even expensive turds. So I dug out an older Peterson I've relegated to the bottom of a box of briars I just didn't reach for. Well, it smoked fantastic and hung like I didn't know it was there. The odyssey addiction bank account depletion began. I've shown the Peterson Amber 03 and this Lestrade is just as gorgeous. Not my last.
What also makes this unique is that all of my Alden's are straight or 1/4 bent at the most, so from here on out it's Peterson bent or Alden straights. That doesn't count the odd bob here or there.
This behemoth weighs 84 grams, but hangs effortlessly.

• Wow
Reactions: AroEnglish

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
I have a Lestrade, but that is some nice piece of wood!
As you said, and for those who don't have one, this shape is one hell of a bent pipe.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Sometime Peterson reallllly knocks it out of the park! Here is a great example. On the other hand, I saw an estate Sherlock Holmes pipe the other day that had several unsightly fills on it. I didn’t think this line would have fills, so I was a bit surprised. Great pipe, Ash!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I love Birdseye. Nice pipe! Every time I see Birdseye I think of lost souls trying to get out...
... Look again, you won't ever UN see it!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Tim, that is a fantastic pipe. The XL23 is my favorite Peterson shape. I have the Kinsale version. Steve, as to fills on a SH pipe-it's been known to happen on occasion.

Jan 8, 2013
Birdseye and Petes. Two of my favorite things all rolled into that pipe. Lovely example, Ash. I love it! Enjoy the heck out of it :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.