PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
After lusting after this pipe for a couple of years, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up this estate pipe. I mean there always seemed to be something else I wanted, but lately the pull for this pipe came back. I'm not a huge Peterson fan and I do have a few, but never one of the newer nicer pipes. This pipe had hardly been smoked, very clean with no problems. Just one question... What the heck is the stamping, "Smokers Forum 2009" on the right shank supposed to be for. The seller seemed to remember that it was a specially made pipe for the Smokers Forum. Well I can't seem to find anything about this pipe and the forum it was made for, but the stamping sort of looks to be done at the factory. Also, it seems to be missing a shape number, although I know it's a shape 69. Lots of smokers forums out there, so I thought I'd just post it here to see if anyone has any ideas.
img_06891-600x378.jpg

img_0687-600x369.jpg

img_06921-600x424.jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Used to hang out @ that forum quite a bit for some years. Yeah, they did POY's for some years and that was 1 of them. Unfortunately, they don't get a lot of traffic there anymore. Used to be a hopping place.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
That was the only time they had a Peterson pipe for their POTY. May have been 1 of the few times it was even a factory pipe as they typically had carvers whip something up. PSOI usually has a pretty enticing Peterson every year but I've never bought a forum pipe.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Ok, thanks for the input guys, but I'm still not clear as to which smokers forum this is for. I can find Smokers Forums in the UK, and Pipe Smokers Forum which seems to be here in the US, but not a Smokers Forum, singular. I guess it's not all that important, I was just wondering which forum this pipe may have been made for. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.