PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Since I'm aquainted with Peterson's local distributor, every now and then I get the chance to buy a difficult to find or a rare piece at whosale prices. I don't abuse this relationship and I only call the guy when I'm looking for something specific that I can't find at the usual pipe shops that carry the brand.
Yesterday I was going through my Petes, I have 11, with a magnifying glass, and to my surprise I found that on to of them that sport sterling band, the Peterson logo stamped on the band was obliterated with an engraver or an etcher.
Does this mean that the pipes were not for sale, a sample, a gift,a replacement or deffective in some way?
I cannot find any reference to this práctica.
Cheers,
J

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've never seen such a mark,but your reasoning seems sound. I'd contact Mark Irwin, thru his blog:

https://petersonpipenotes.wordpress.com/
Mark is writing the Peterson book and is probably one of the most knowledgeable Peter collector in the world. You could also try the Peterson forum, but there isn't a lot of activity there.
One member here, "RockvillePete" is probably the forums most active Peterson collector, he might be of help.
Post a pictures of these marks please.

Status
Not open for further replies.