Peterson Great Explorers Shackleton (Brandy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is a new to me Peterson Shackleton. I've been on a bit of a Peterson run lately and in doing my research I stumbled upon The Great Explorer Series and knew I had to have some. Well, they are hard to find. I happened upon this Shackleton and the price ended up being better than I thought. the rim has darkening but it's cosmetic and my feeble skills will knock that straight out.
Growing up my books of choice were non-fiction, biographies and historical fiction. Nothing has changed as for reading preferences. So I'm pretty excited to have a pipe named after someone I read about and pondered about while being carried away by his exploits.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice...congrats. And I'm relieved to see you've finally acquired a new Pete. It's been at least a few days and I was starting to worry.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I had no idea there was such a thing as a Shackleton pipe. That is a very dangerous thing for me to know.

Jan 8, 2013
Freaking lovely! And you really need to stop buying up all the Petes and save some for me! I love the shaping on that one, as it's not a common shape for Peterson. And I had to do a double take at that birdseye grain on the left flank, because it almost looks like it's still plateau! Instances like that, we need a new name for a grain type. In this case, birdseye would now be called Wowseye! Next time someone asks for an example of birdseye in a pipe, you need to post that photo. I can't wait to see it after you clean it up. Congratulations, and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nice! I like when there is a story that goes along with the reason for purchasing a particular pipe...not just PAD.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't know about that series, and that is extremely cool. I do have an Around the World series bulldog in honor of Ireland, which is one of my favorite pipes. Well one of my eighty favorites. Anyway, I really like it, a wide nickel band with an Irish cross and bright red stain.

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
I've lusted over the Explorer Series since first clapping eyes on them years ago, especially the Tom Crean Billiard.
Absolutely wonderful find. Congrats!

trudger

Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
That is as the boys have said a fine looking smoker. The most Danish looking Irish pipe I have ever seen. You might have to go into the mountains to find some snow Ash for a real “Shackleton Smoke”.

Status
Not open for further replies.