PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Have a pair of Thinking Man Peterson pipe lighters that have performed flawlessly for the two years I’ve owned them. I lost the flint spring mechanism when I was changing a flint, one of those cases where ‘I just set it down’ kind of things. So I emailed Peterson customer service last week asking for the price of a replacement spring. That same afternoon, a rep emailed me back asking for my mailing address & said there was no change. Today the spring showed up in the mail!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I had a similar experience with a toy for my kids. There was a little figure with a plane, and when we unpacked it, we found the leg was broken. I emailed the company to see how much a replacement figure would be, and they just mailed a new one. I couldn't believe it.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Petersons did similar for me.I contacted them about buying a replacement chimney for 2 of my deluxe system pipes.It was explained that they changed around 1978 and as my pipes were from that era they sent 2 of each type free of charge

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Excellent. I especially appreciate the intelligence of good customer service. It's a reassurance that louts haven't taken over retail and most businesses realize that good customer relations is just sound business. A little care and attention generates a good reputation, generates more business. Henry Ford was a somewhat miserable man in some ways, but he did know that if he paid his factory workers better wages, they'd buy cars.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I had a great experience like this with an auto parts carrier. AM Auto parts. I ordered a bunch of stuff and ended up not needing a couple of parts. Emailed them about returning them and they told me to just keep the parts and they refunded me the full price for the parts. Crazy. Good on Peterson. Interested to see what all Laudisi does with them

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Good on them, that’s great to hear. I’m wondering if Laudisi acquiring Peterson bodes well for the future of the brand... I certainly hope so. I’m new to pipes and I don’t know much about the politics and corporate maneuverings of the industry, but it seems like Laudisi does a bang up job with smokingpipes.com. I hope they bring the Peterson brand up a couple notches as well.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
Good to know. Gives you a little more faith in procuring their products

loritayangs

Lurker
Mar 28, 2019
Good day! I've found all the additional accessories buy e cigarette liquid https://www.mygadget.us here at a bargain price.I just enjoy not only tobacco, but also in this way too. They have a great choice for every taste. So I think the information will be useful.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
it seems like Laudisi does a bang up job with smokingpipes.com. I hope they bring the Peterson brand up a couple notches as well.
I have no doubt they will...

Status
Not open for further replies.