PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

hope you do not mind the blatant publicity/advertising of my latest Pete Blog piece on Churchwardens for those that might be interested.
http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
While I like the Ebony D6, I'm leaning toward just a regular D6 for my next churchwarden purchase. The main reason for this is because of the metal band on the Ebony. While I like metal bands on my pipes as a general rule, it seems to detract from the Ebony in this case, at least for me. That said, if anyone wanted to get me an early Christmas present, An Ebony D6 will be most welcome in my collection. :lol:
-Jason

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I rarely smoke my Savinelli churchwarden but maybe I'll dust it off now. Too bad about Mr.Foley's web site. Being squeezed out of business because of too competitive pricing is nuts. Sounds like he handled it like a true gentleman.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Very nice piece! Thanks!!
I am a new (3 mos.) outside smoker, and with the onslaught of warm weather, I am realizing that the ambient temp makes quite a difference in how hot my pipes smoke. And how!! Wonder if a CW would help?...I bet it would.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
CW's are a sit and think affair. I tried smoking mine while driving my MG with the top down last fall. What can I say? I'm an idiot. If it ever stops raining here in eastern Pa I'll sit in the yard with mine and watch the birds at the feeder.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Good article Jim and very interesting.I have a B-C churchwarden but after reading your article I will be dropping strong birthday hints around here regarding the ebony D6. Tom

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I like the look of the D6. How long is the smoke on a Churchwarden? As I am new to pipes in general, right now the pipes I find appealing are based only on appearance. I really haven't seen any posts on chrchwardens until this one.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
A smoke in a Peterson churchwarden can last me over an hour, they have small bowls but the length of the smoke is largely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.