PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Has anyone tried Petersons Balkan Delight. Last night I bought a tin and I am not able to find any info on it. Found it at a B&M they said they normally don't sell it.
Also what about Sutliff, Mans Best Friend? And Dunhill My Mixture 965.
Thx
John

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Man's Best Friend is quite tasty. I would have smoked the whole tin, but Burley makes my mouth hurt.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I have a tin of Peterson's Balkan Delight in my cellar, but have not cracked it open yet.
Here are some reviews on this blend: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/5585/peterson-balkan-delight

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Beezer, thanks for the link to the reviews. After reading them I am confused. Is it a Balkan or an English? One review said it was a VA/PER with a touch of Lat.
20+ years ago when I stopped smoking pipe there wasn't this many tobacs on the market. But I will say I do enjoy my pipes more now.
Thanks

John

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I'm smoking my way through my first tin of 965. It's nice! It's really well balanced.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have smoked a bowl of the BD. Thought it had a nice fragrant taste that mellows deeper into the bowl. I need to smoke some more to really give a review though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dunhill My Mixture 965 is one of the top selling English blends, now available in tins and bulk. Not everyone enjoys it,

but many do, because it is a carefully balanced blend, flavorful enough for full enjoyment but moderate enough for smoking

any time. I have both bulk and a tin on hand.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Irish Oak is a really nice tobacco IMO. It tends to bug my mouth a bit, however I snagged another tin to celler.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I prefer Peterson's Irish Whiskey to just about all their other blends. It does not taste of whiskey, just seems to have a slightly sweet, well rounded and nutty tobacco taste. Most other Peterson blends taste of PG or something similar, at least to me. I have some 10 year old Old Dublin, which is similar to 965, but I prefer the Dunhill blend as being more complex.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I generally like Peterson's pipes better than their tobaccos, with nearly 20 of them in my collection.

I've smoked a number of their blends, with University Flake being the only one I really care for, and I only smoke it from time to time.

I have yet to try Balkan Delight, but it does sound nice.

I do have a couple tins of Peterson's Perfect Plug in the cellar aging that I have yet to try. It sounds promising as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.