PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I was wondering if these ever came about. As a Peterson fan, i was looking forward to these. With so few made I guess it's pointless to ask if any more are available or on the price.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
Here's the 2019 Peterson 312 with the NAP bit and a 4AB cumberland stem. Peterson only produced this particular bit from around 1890 to 1905. If you look close enough, you may notice that there are three holes in the bit to spread the smoke around your mouth. Only seventeen of these were made, and Silver Gray did a fantastic job making the stem. Whether Peterson will put this NAP bit into production is up in the air.
View attachment 7426
View attachment 7427
View attachment 7428
@jiminks Was this project an official Peterson project, or was the a Mark Irwan project where the original Peterson stems were replaced with the replica stems?
Not that it matters, just curious.
Very nice looking pipe and interesting story behind it.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
@jiminks Was this project an official Peterson project, or was the a Mark Irwan project where the original Peterson stems were replaced with the replica stems?
Not that it matters, just curious.
Very nice looking pipe and interesting story behind it.

It's a Mark Irwin project as you suggested, but Peterson provided the bowls for the experiment. We also got a regular p-lip stem in case anybody wants to switch out from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.