PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
Hello guys,I'm a newer pipe smoker and I took the advice of folks here that said to buy little sampler bags of tobacco. I bought at least 10 different tobaccos on smokingpipes.com. To name just a few, Proper english, dark english full, 1Q, BCA and a few more.
But, my favorit has to be the Luxury Bullseye Flake. Oh my god does it smoke great. I'm not an expert or even a veteran smoker, but the mix of black cavendish with the VaPer blend is amazing. You get this subtle sweetness as well as a pretty full flavored tobacco taste. If you guys haven't tried it, you need to (if you like VaPers and a decent amount of sweetness in your smoke). Just wanted to give ya'll my .02.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's a much beloved tobacco and highly regarded by all. It always falls into the top ten of all va/per lovers. At the price you can't beat it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Just wait until you try some with 2 to 3 years of age on it. It's great.
For some reason I love Luxury Twist Flake even more!

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
exterminate, Luxury Bullseye and Luxury Twist are both great. Glad you like them. There's a reason why I have jars and jars full of them. They only get better with age. :puffy:

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I think I'm having a reaction to LBF. My throat gets sore every time I smoke it. I'm depressed because I have a pound of it stored in mason jars. I love the taste so I guess it will get stored until my condition changes. I believe it's the perique because other blends with perique that I smoke have the same effect on me. Maybe I'll revisit it in 2 or 3 years. I hear that perique gets milder as time goes by. At least I hope so.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I think I'm having a reaction to LBF. My throat gets sore every time I smoke it. I'm depressed because I have a pound of it stored in mason jars. I love the taste so I guess it will get stored until my condition changes. I believe it's the perique because other blends with perique that I smoke have the same effect on me. Maybe I'll revisit it in 2 or 3 years. I hear that perique gets milder as time goes by. At least I hope so.
The Perique does get milder and fruitier with age. The Virginias develop a deeper richer flavor. This is one of the few blends that, IMHO, really significantly improves with about 4 years of aging.

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
Luxury Bullseye and Twist are both great, if you like stuff along this vein give this a try sometime.
http://dein-tabak.de/product_info.php?info=p704_16-5-der-neue---200gr-.html

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
I think I'm going to have to buy at least a pound. Save 10 oz or so and smoke the rest. I can't go years without this stuff. ;)
Also just wanted to say this community is great. Loving the welcoming nature of the folks here.

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
How is Cask no. 7 by Comoy? I was looking for similar types of tobacco to the bullseye flake, and this seems like it's pretty similar (both in look and blend). Has anyone tried this?
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/Comoy/Cask-No.7/product_id/133798/bulk/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In the PS line, I've enjoyed Proper English, Luxury Navy Flake, and Bullseye.

Mar 1, 2014
You don't "need" to age things a full year to get some of the effect. If I were just starting I'd buy 2 years worth and keep the first year's tobacco in three or four different jars. Wait at least two months before opening the first jar, and you'll only progress to older jars from there.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Toob When P&C had their sale I bought a 24oz box of each and jarred it up. I think I paid $45 per 1.5lb box. Next time they have a sale I'll be buying a few more pounds.
Misterrogers I believe Comoy's Cask no7 and Dobies 4 Square Circles are the same exact thing just tinned. Although I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay a premium for it being tinned. That's what mason jars are for. Just my 2 cents.

The Dobies is currently much more expensive at $10.99 for 1.75 ounces which breaks down to $6.28 per ounce.

The Cask no7 is much more affordable $12.51 for 3.5 ounces which is $3.57 per ounce. You can get that price down a little more if you buy 5 tins. Also they sell Cask no7 in bulk but I'm not sure that price as it's currently out of stock on Smoking Pipes.
The price of PS LBF in bulk is cheaper than the tinned alternatives. 2oz for example breaks down to $2.95 per ounce. Although the 1.5lb box I bought was $45 so that breaks down to $1.87 per ounce.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
one of the best values I think. I like it by itself , and I also use it blended 50/50 with aromatics I don't like by themselves ( mixes great with PS Optimum and PS Peaches), and then I usually like them after blending

Status
Not open for further replies.