PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have been trying to get into VAPer blends myself and they just leave something to be desired for me. I'm a new smoker too, so subtle or mild blends may take some time to take root for me. This blend sounds interesting because of the black cav. Could be a perfect place to start building my VA appreciation.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Phantomwolf, a few recommendations for the newcomer to Va/Per hybrid blends, in addition to LBF:
Peterson Irish Oak

GL Pease Barbary Coast

Peretti Park Square

Rattray Marlin Flake

Rattray Dark Fragrant

Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture
I did a write up a while back on the flavor profiles of various blends with Perique (VaPers and hybrids) but I can't find it to reference....

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
Got some Luxury Twist Flake last week (4 oz. b/c I knew I'd like it, will buy more after I'm done for sure) and I LOVE IT. The aroma out of the pouch/bag was amazing. And the smoke...Oh my god...you gentleman have some great taste! I just put in an order for 4 oz. of luxury navy flake to try it out. High hopes for that one as well. So far, my two favorites are the LBF and LTF, have no doubt that LNF will be up there too.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If you really like PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake then I suggest trying the following:
PS Luxury Twist Flake

Escudo Navy Deluxe

Davidoff Flake Medallions
All of those are great tobacco's and similar to PS Bulls Eye Flake.

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
I'm buying a pound of it the moment I run out of my stock. It's my favorite. TBH all the PS luxury flakes I've tried are great (Twist and Bullseye). Bought some navy flake 2 nights ago so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to buy a couple of pounds each and jar them up. Too good.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
exterminatewho, welcome to these pages and many happy bowls to you while your peruse them.
As a new pipe smoker, you should know that your palate will awaken, preferences may develop, or even become seasonal (as long as these continue), and monotony is a potential.
I too tried the legendary LBE as one of my first real pipe tobaccos, and found I preferred its cousin LBF.

The genre of Virginias and Perique is replete with many different tasting blends.
Time in the jar on these blends will subdue some of the edges and mellow the flavors.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Yesterday P&C had a 20% off sale and I stocked up. Bought a pound and a half. At $1.55 an oz., how could I not? LBF is great with some age on it, so I try to jar some at least twice a year so I can stay knee deep in aged LBF. The quality and value is unmatched IMHO. :puffy:

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Just received a pound each of LTF and LNF. Plan to cellar it for 3 to 4 years. Great tobacco at a great price. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.