PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Top shelf, 90% immediately went into the basement for 10 years solitary confinement. Destined to be a classic imho.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
gkr1, you need 10 ropes for 10 years, 5 ropes for 5 years and 5 ropes for smoking while waiting on the others to age. 20 ropes is only 10 pounds you know. Ten years from now I predict these ropes will be selling for at least 500.00 per rope. With the FDA deeming laws, these will be discontinued and it will be like having gold in your cellar.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Damn, I like how Harris is thinking :)

In perspective ... purchasing in a snap over 15 pounds of tobacco :)

You smack 30% on the 10 year shelf, another 30% goes to the 5 year shelf and the last goes to "Me like these now" shelf :)

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I actually split my 2 ropes into thirds (6 total) and put them in small ball jars separately. I will probably break into the first 1/3 rope in about 3-5 years.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well, mine arrived today. Unfortunately, there are not in a log but cut up pieces. Bummer. Looks and smells wonderful though. Going to prep some and give it a go later.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Michael, you should contact the seller and tell them they need to take it back. Mine better not come like that or they are going back. That is bullshit especially for the money they are charging.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Well, mine arrived today. Unfortunately, there are not in a log but cut up pieces. Bummer. Looks and smells wonderful though. Going to prep some and give it a go later.
Where did you buy from?
I have one coming from SP.com Friday and I will report back on its condition and shape.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Most of the pieces are a couple inches long but it looks like they were chunks left over from packaging and they combined them into one bag. Ordered two bags and both are like that. Not that big of a deal since I was planning on smoking this batch and have a plug cutter that allows me to slice it thin as I like.
Still, kind of a let down. My next order I will request the whole log.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well, spoke to SPC and they stated that these do sometimes come cut up, so keep that in mind. They said you can request whole logs if they have them available.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Michael, fuck that shit. They advertise it as a full rope. Nothing in their description says cut up chunks. They will take mine back and give me full ropes. I am sure they will do as I request because they are the best at customer service.
edit; Now if they want to give me a 20% discount for not shipping full ropes, I might reconsider. :mrgreen:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Haha. Yeah, I told them they need to change their advertising.
It is honestly not that big of a deal for me. Disappointing, for sure. But, in the grand scheme of things, it will all eventually get sliced and smoked. I had decided I was going to smoke this before it got here so jarred the whole thing up, slapped today's date on it and will see how long it takes me to go through 500g.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just got 2 boxes in from SP. I am amazed at how fast these guys are. I ordered 2 ropes on Sat and 2 on Sunday and both got here just a little bit ago. I opened one box and found 2 intact ropes. I opened the second box and there was one full rope and one bag with 5 large chunks in it with no shake at all. I was going to cut it myself anyway so I am not making a big deal out of it. I will remember to ask for full ropes on the next order.
Michael, did yours come in large chunks with no shake, or were they a mess with shake in the bag?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
As jmill stated, Curly Chunks. I have a couple coins that will be difficult to slice thinner but the rest were chunks, 2" to 3" long. No shake to mention. It literally looks like these were left over pieces that got thrown into the bag and a couple thinner (1/4") slices to even out the weight.
The rods are 1.5" wide.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I always got a solid block the few times I ordered PH curly block.
The Motzek Strang was another story. It usually was in one piece, but occasionally was in pieces and included some shake. I once weighed it, it was over. I didn’t complain.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
SPC package today. Two ropes, intact.

OFyXchc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.