PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Hi, my name is Tim. I'm 48 years old, 6'0" and around 260 lbs. I love Dublin shaped pipes... and Castello pipes... and white stemmed pipes. If you are the rat ba#*rd who stole a white stemmed, Dublin shaped Castello Collection KKK on E-Bay while I was at work for $2 more than my last bid, PM me. I want to be friends! Really! I won't even TRY to talk you into selling it to me (crosses fingers), promise!

Dirty knave!!!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASTELLO-COLLECTION-KK-WHITE-STEM-PIPE-/302266408543?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ieyLbyiOs52BxTGeZTMgkasFrIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Photos too small to post. here is the link. #True Love
Tim

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I learned a long time ago never to bid even round numbers. Sucks to lose out to someone over two bucks.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
https://www.gixen.com/index.php
Does not take much tech, you simply log in with your ebay account, add the listing that you want to purchase, fill in the maximum price you are willing to pay. At the last few seconds of the auction the program will try to win the auction for your with the lowest price within your available funds. It leads to less bidding war, which results in less money paid from you, and a bigger guarantee of winning.

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
If you can use eBay, you can use a snipe program. Basically all you have to do is copy the link to the item you want to bid on and tell the snipe program what your highest bid will be and it'll place your bid with just seconds left on the auction which won't leave non-snipers enough time to react.

Oct 7, 2016
I am sure there are pluses and minuses to the various snipe programs out there, but Auction Sniper works well for me on my ancient Android tablet. I don't use the app, just the standard program that runs on Chrome.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
"Hi, my name is Tim. I'm 48 years old, 6'0" and around 260 lbs. I love Dublin shaped pipes... and Castello pipes... and white stemmed pipes. If you are the rat ba#*rd who stole a white stemmed, Dublin shaped Castello Collection KKK on E-Bay while I was at work for $2 more than my last bid, PM me. I want to be friends! Really! I won't even TRY to talk you into selling it to me (crosses fingers), promise!

Dirty knave!!!"
Are you the Easter Bunny Dave? Working on Easter.
Mike S.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Are you the Easter Bunny Dave? Working on Easter.

Not funny! I spent Easter in prison! :lol:
If everyone is using these snipe programs, how does one beat another??? All the bids, from all the bidders go in at the last possible moment... who wins?
Tim

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
tschiraldi

When everyone is using a sniper, the guy that is willing to pay the highest sum wins.

Also, majority of pipe-smokers are not tech-savvy, sniping tools can provide a decent upper hand due to that.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This one??
s-l1600.jpg

Oct 7, 2016
@kanse +1.
Also the tip above re: bidding odd amounts can sometimes be the difference. I won one of pipestuds auctions by 6 cents over another snipe. I had mixed feelings about that one, but it turned out to be a very nice pipe, though fully priced.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
This one??
No, the one I was after had a white stem. But that one's pretty too!

This one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASTELLO-COLLECTION-KK-WHITE-STEM-PIPE-/302266408543?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ieyLbyiOs52BxTGeZTMgkasFrIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Okay, Brother, I signed up with Auction Sniper. Hold my beer!
Tim

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
I too grew tired of losing bids on ebay.
A buddy turned me on to esnipe. Works great. The bids I lose now are ones that truly are @ a $ amount higher than I wanted (needed) to spend.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
You never know what the winners max bid was, he could have a max set at $500 and you would have needed to bid at least $510.01to win. Knowing the bid increment at your max is important. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.