Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
Tim, white stem Castello's are an expensive habit. Probably for the best you didn't win that one. LOL.
Ditto the above comments about keeping the bid increments in mind. Also, the default timing on Auction Sniper is 3 seconds. On heavy eBay times, like Sundays, you might want to go with 4-6 seconds.
I have a friend who uses esnipe with good results. Not really sure why I settled on auction sniper, but the one time it failed to get a bid in was on a Sunday when I didn't change the default timing.
They have good tutorials.
There is a downside to using these things - you win more auctions. But you tend to win at less than your maximum, and if you are disciplined enough to set it and forget it, you avoid the temptation to get into a bidding war.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not an ebay shopper, but rule one would be, don't fall in love with the pipe. Name your price and forget about it. Then if you win, it's manna from heaven, and if not, no problem. Or would that spoil the fun?

Oct 7, 2016
mso489, if you are willing to pay $100 for a pipe, would you turn it down at $80? By entering your $100 bid early, you decrease your chances of that happy outcome. Look at a completed auctions bid screen some time and see how many bids are entered just to fish for how high the leader is willing to go. Entering a bid early is just putting a target on your back. Whether you use an automatic snipe program or not, putting your real number in late is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.