PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I thought I'd share these. They are nearly the exact size of a tin (flat and rounded square sides); each holds 8 oz (but probably 4-5 oz of tobacco). The cost was $7.80 for 4 Ball jars. They have a standard wide mouth lid with seal. My idea was to transfer a tin of tobacco into a jar to keep it air tight - I'm slow at using up a tin once I open it (i.e. the tobacco dries out before I get around to finishing it).
jars-600x450.jpg

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Nice!!!
Looks like these jars are also available at Target. I'll have to stop by tomorrow.

Thanks for the great find!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Wall-mart only had the standard sized ones, not those extra wide ones. I love those though.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Ugh, and I just bought a case of Ball mason jars... Great find, that is an awesome proportion.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
hmmm I wonder where I can find those in the great white north... I'd be interested in some haha

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I use these specific jars all the time to move tobacco from one-pound C&D tins to these jars for travel. They are great. I bought mine online. Don't remember where from. But, I have a lot of them. Great for weekend travel and to-and-fro, for the office, where I keep a few full-at-hand all of the time! (Forget that it is illegal to moke my pipe in my insurance agency office which I own!) Please don't turn me in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That size looks pretty handy, and we just had a Hobby-Lobby open a few minutes from the house. I'll check it out.
Are you saying they will hold 8 ounces of tobacco or a tin (usually 2 oz)? They look pretty small to hold 8 ounces.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Not a bad thing. I use them, too. Will hold about 4 oz. without packing them tight
Indeed. 4oz fit splendidly in them, I've even fit 6oz tightly without a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.