PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I had some extra time this morning to enjoy my meer and had a darn near perfect Pack with no relights. As a newcomer to the pipe, I chalk this up as a win.
Just wanted to share with people who would "get it"
Carry on.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
that is good, it is kind of rare when I do one light smokes, i usually do 2 relights or 3. I still have to master this wonderful technique.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Nothing to master! If smoking all the way to the heel is a goal, that's fine, but relights within reason are fine, too. Unreasonable number: tobacco too wet, packed too tight or too loose.
Smoke on!

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Fantastic. Nothing better than a perfect pack. Especially for a morning smoke. Cheers! :puffpipe:

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Congrats on your perfect pack/ perfect bowl.
I've only had a few. Most of them were my first bowl of the morning which I light just before leaving the house and smoke all the way to work. On a few wonderful occasions, I have arrived at work, stood outside the back door finishing off the last of the bowl, and suddenly realized I had not taken my lighter out of my pocket since I left the house. Those are truly magical moments :)

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
<p>Mike, that is truly a wonderful moment in pipe-smoking, whether you're a neophyte or a well-experienced puffer. Good for you that you found that sweet spot so early in the game. Cherish the moment--it may never happen again.

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
I've only had this twice, and both times I was only intending on it being the charring light. I'm trying to be more content with a couple of relights just so I can enjoy my smoke more.

Status
Not open for further replies.