PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
<Nevermind - I just did a search and found my answer >. Are the paint cans good for storage until they are opened for the first time? My first trip to Peretti's was a good one and I found them to be helpful even though I know many have not had such good experiences. I spent my down time from meetings sitting on the Green with a bowl of Margate and a book. 4068

After EXTENSIVE research on my part (and it will be worth EXACTLY what you are paying for it :) ) I vacuum seal my entire cellar.

I had to repack some of my tins and cans so I had to open the vacuum sealed bags and discovered that always, without exception there would be a waft of tobacco smell from round flats and rectangle flats. ALSO, WITHOUT EXCEPTION there was NO waft of tobacco smell from any of the Paint can style (Peretti, Comoy's) or the pop top small cans (G.L Pease, SPC) OR the pop top tall cans (Rattray's, etc.)

When I resealed, I decided not to vacuum seal any of the paint or pop top cans.

No Smell to me means no transference of oxygen or moisture.

Seal the Eso's leave the Peretti's

"Leave the gun, take the Cannolis."

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I remove the tobacco from Peretti tins and repackage it because i want to age it in smaller portions rather than concerns about the integrity of the seal. I would certainly trust the paint can tins for 5 years and more.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Has anyone actually opened and validated the condition of tobacco from a Peretti tin after signifiant aging? Say 10-15 years? I am worried they won’t hold up over long term but I have no idea.

Reactions: aquadoc
Status
Not open for further replies.