PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I'm thinking about acquiring a Peretti blend on this week's 'baccy purchase. I've never tried Peretti and I'd like your thoughts on this. I've got my eye on the D-7485 specifically.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've not tried that one, but all two of the ones I've tried have been excellent! :lol:
(Tashkent & Thanksgiving Day Blend)
jay-roger.jpg

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
I tried few Peretti's blends, bought them 3 years ago while visiting Boston. I absolutely enjoyed these three blends: "Tashkent" (Oriental), "Omega"(English) and #333 (Burley). I do have a rather simplify version of a palate, and can not precise descriptions of these tobaccos. Best place to check it, as always - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/brand/43/peretti. Both: Tashkent and Omega, stays in there taste separately from other English/Orientals that I tried. #333 is nutty and smooth. Unfortunately, didn't try D-7485.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Peretti has quality tobacco. I like their No 8 slices (spicy VaPer), D9507 (Oriental), RCTR (Va) and Boston Slices (Va Flake). I'm not a big burley or latakia fan which is probably their strong suit. I also liked their Royal and D-500. Ignore the heavy tax you see in your cart, it should go away when you check out if you're out of state.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I love Peretti, awesome shop and awesome tobaccos. Several I like are Park Square, Royal, Oriental No. 40 and Tashkent, but really anything you get will be quality.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
All the blends mentioned here are fine. Peretti's has a large catalogue of mixtures spanning the better part of a century.

Enjoy.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
To what already listed I would add Cuban mixture, a very nice blend low in nic but very tasty, considered a burley but with nearly every type of tobacco including cigar leaf. It is said to be the oldest American blend in production.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Blend 102 is a favorite of mine. Just a classic, lightly-cased, old-fashioned American aromatic, with just a touch of Latakia.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
I'm lucky enough to have Perretti as my local B&M, I haven't tried most of their blends but particularly enjoy Tashkent, Thanksgiving and Boston Best. I didn't care for the coffee blend, or the bottom of the bag sample of 1072 I received. I have a few others jarred notably Cuban Mixture, Royal and Holiday 1951.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I've had 7485 and I enjoyed it. If you keep in mind that it's a Virginia heavy blend with Latakia (or a very mild English blend) you'll be fine. If you're looking for a full-on English you'll be sorely disappointed. It's like a much smoother version of Wild Atlantic....if you've ever tried that one. If you want a full-on English from Peretti my favs are Oriental 40 and Tashkent.

Status
Not open for further replies.