PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvus

Lurker
Nov 24, 2015
Howdy folks,

Anyone know of any blends made with Pennsylvania leaf? Lancaster County has a few thousand acres in production, but I think most of it goes to cigarette production and the cultivars planted are at a minimum guided by the needs of these big buyers. PA leaf is also used for cigar wrappers. Cornell & Diehl have a few blends that feature the PA Maduro. I swear I came across a blend a few weeks ago that featured Pennsylvania tobaccos, and I think it also had Maryland too, but I can't remember it. I only ask because I like to sample things from the home state (Boswell pipes, Yuengling beer, etc.). Any suggestions or knowledge would be much appreciated.

PS: Yes I used the search function, yes I used Google, no I don't want information on any other center of production foreign or domestic.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
When I hear Pennsylvania leaf, I think of Parodi cigars (also known as Guinea stinkers). Note Bene: I didn't name them that and was taught the name by people of Italian descent.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Indian Summer is the only pipe blend I know of that claims to have Pa Amish tobacco in it. Curiously, I bought my tin in Germany because it seemed strange that it should be there.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2190/indian-summer-indian-summer

corvus

Lurker
Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for the responses. The blend I was thinking of was C&D Gray Ghost, which was discontinued back in 2014 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.