PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Good blend. Have 10 in my closet, so I'll let the frenzy proceed. Now if it was Kingfisher...... :mrgreen:

Oct 7, 2016
When I took my sojurn from pipes around 2001, my memory is that it was reasonably available. Most of my current production stuff back then was from Royal Cigar aka Tobacco Supermarket. In fact, I distinctly recall that Joyce, the owner, urged me to give it a try.
I guess other than ET, the only Germain blend with Perique is Royal Jersey Perique? And that is a VA/Cav/Per? I just got 2 tins and have not tried it yet.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

What's so special about this one?
Nothing. When I first regularly started smoking a pipe, Pelican and Kingfisher were around. Kingfisher was hard to find at the time and had a reputation for being a really good and unique VaBurPer. It's cousin Pelican sat on shelves and garnered no attention, but did eventually disappear as well. Pelican popping up this past week is more nostalgia that anything in my opinion, generating hope that Kingfisher will show up soon too.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The Pelican I ordered last week is circling the country without me. According to UPS, it began in Chicago and quickly made it to Birmingham, AL, where I live. It then went to Montgomery, AL, where I don't live and is currently in Tampa. Seriously UPS, what's your damage?!?

Oct 7, 2016
I guess the Michael Butera connection with Esoterica has drawn attention to the two Germain produced (sometimes) blends sold under his own name, or not sold, as apparently is the case with Kingfisher (I did grab a couple of Pelican tins last week, and it says "Made in Jersey, British Isles".

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I'll never buy anything from those freedom-hating snowflakes over at 4no.........wait.....did you say Pelican?
:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.