PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Last night (July 8, 2019) was the first episode of a PBS documentary on the space program. It's done with a lot of drama but also appropriate distance. All the enthusiasm comes through, but also a lot of factual counterpoint. Some of it will please, some will grate, but it is probably among the better accounts of this effort, and the history that goes with it. It goes for two more nights, and is available in its entirety for about $34 on DVD. On my local station, it runs July 9 and 10 starting at 8 EDT. The first episode was two hours; the second two may just be one, but my station is inexact in showing its scheduling.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Thank you for the heads up. As someone born in the 80's, I find the space program, particularly, its beginnings, quite interesting. I visited Kennedy Space Center in FL back in 2005, and it was awesome. I also enjoyed the film First Man about Neil Armstrong and the first moon landing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The series lays a good basis to look at the future of human exploration of space. The fact that it has taken this long to talk about returning to the moon or going the next step to Mars tells a lot, different messages to different folks I suppose. Now that it will not just be hero test pilots traveling introduces conjecture for me. Colonizing places where you can't ever be in the local atmosphere. Hmmm.

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
Watched / streamed a bunch of great Nova documentaries on netflix:

Nova Eclipse Over America (2017)
Nova Black Hole Apocalypse (2018)
Nova: Ultimate Mars Challenge (2012)
Nova Death Dive to Saturn (TV Episode 2017)
The Farthest (2017)

Reactions: philobeddoe
Status
Not open for further replies.