PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Is it thick enough to provide protection from tooth chatter? For those who clench in the original sense of the word, not you careful guys.

Yes, I believe so. That is why I posted the images of my pipe while driving. I clench pretty hard in the car, you can see the tooth marks on the tape. I have not appreciated any chatter on my stems since using this technique (either brand of tape, or even with original Parafilm, which I still use sometimes).

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I am in need to protect these, it seems like these ashtonite stems(the term used by Ashton pipe manufacturers)are very prone to take tooth chatter marks
ashton_pebble_grain_xx_nr-52-canadian-anno-2018-600x514.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks to Craig for the tip on the Dry Vinyl tape. I've been using it for several days now and it works great.
My bite tends to be a bit hard on the stems and I can't tolerate the rubber tips...but this tape I barely even notice and it stays in place really well.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have been using the Dry Vinyl for a few days now and can categorically say that it has been a game changer!! I have three pipes that I love, but don't smoke because of the amber stems (over 100 years old) being hard as stone and I'm a clencher. This tape is the answer!!
I'll let the wise words of Brian64, said better than I could, close this comment.
Just wanted to say thanks to Craig for the tip on the Dry Vinyl tape. I've been using it for several days now and it works great.
My bite tends to be a bit hard on the stems and I can't tolerate the rubber tips...but this tape I barely even notice and it stays in place really well.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I now use the Dry Vinyl tape nearly every time I smoke. It protects ebonite stems very well and it makes acrylic stems more comfortable to clench. It is a game changer for sure.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm happy I have come upon reading this article,it has saved me a lot of nerves,now after my initial tries during my 500miles road trip this product didn't let me down, offers way better mouthfeel than parafilm or any softy tips, I'm convinced in usefulness of this tape and so went ahead ordering two rolls regardless of the fact with the international postages this is anything but affordable,nonetheless,Igot me shark sharp teeth so there's nothing many options left.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Missed this before. I'm ordering some of the tape case. The Kinky Tape has worked well, would be superb if this other tape was even better.
What's funny is going back to earlier in this thread, Neal thought it was a flop thread. It's turned out to be anything but a flop. It just had to get kinky before it became good.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Ordered the tape case last week from Amazon. Arrived today. Very similar to the Kinky tape but the width is perfect so you don't have to cut it in half to fit. As it is on a roll, it is easier to install on the pipe stem. You can just "stretch" it on. Seems to be an even better solution. Now I need to find another use for the kinky tape, I hate to see things go to waste.
Thanks to Craig and npod for their innovative solutions. Link below compliments of Craig.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00823GUP6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_PzWCCb36Z8H4J

Status
Not open for further replies.