Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
A new to me Dunhill Shell. Picked it up this morning after leaving a friends place where I spent most of yesterday helping with Thanksgiving dinner.

I went to the local tobacco shop to pick up some Christmas Cheer. In their "Estate Bin" was this little gem. I took a look at their asking price and almost broke my arm reaching for my wallet.

2010-11-26_18-23-43_321.jpg

2010-11-26_18-23-54_940.jpg

And the Pies...

2010-11-25_17-06-32_739.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Bubba: that reminds me of my Mom as she use to have to know the price of everything......I think it came from watching years of The Price Is Right

:D

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nice pick-up... and the pies look pretty good too!
Asking how much I paid for something never makes me feel uneasy. What does bug me is when people slap the side of their head and say, "Oh, I wish I knew you were in the market for that! :laughat: I could've gotten you a bazillion percent discount!" That always happens to me.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I have this weird fascination with how much things cost...

As my old Grandfather used to say "If you need to ask the price... you can't afford it" :oops:

So,I'm always asking the price too!!! :lol:
Occasionally you find those little gems hiding in a corner somewhere and when you do, it's like striking gold. Good find. Although I suspect the owner of the 'bargain bucket' has got you hooked for life now. Cos everytime you go in, you'll be looking in that bin for another little gem.

You'll have to take the good lady wife or a friend with you to hold onto your ankles, to stop you from falling all the way in!!!

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
I paid all of $25 and tax for the pipe. The white wine was happily absorbed by the Thanksgiving Day hostess. You should have seen her at bottle three. The Cheesecake (seen with the spatula looking thingy on it) with the crushed cookie and Makers Mark crust was... outstanding.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
bhpdrew said: ...with the crushed cookie and Makers Mark crust was... outstanding.

That sounds delicious, bhpdrew! That is a fine pipe as well! Makes me nervous, though... A Dunhill pipe in the bargain basket calls to mind that old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I'd be leery of what's really wrong with it. Even if there wasn't anything wrong with it, I'd fret about it. Mind you, this is AFTER I bought the pipe and brought it home, so... :lol:
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.