PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
I thought all this talk of PAD was just exaggeration. After I got my new poker about three weeks ago I thought I was through buying pipes for a little while since I had what I considered a decent weekly rotation. But as I was looking at possible ideas for my next pipe (in the far distant future) this Castello Trademark Zulu caught my eye and before I knew what was happening it arrived in the mail yesterday.
img_3870-450x600.jpg

img_3871-450x600.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
You honestly thought we'd make such a thing up? PAD is a devastating disease, responsible for breaking apart families and friendships. I'm taking several medications including several antipsychotics in an effort to keep things in check, yet my life is still ravaged.... damn, found another. Gotta go. Good luck!

Dec 28, 2015
Christening the Zulu with a flake of capstan blue during my lunch break. I think this is going to be a beautiful relationship!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Wish I could have stopped, in 2014 I acquired 14 pipes. In 2015,, eleven pipes were added. I have 108 now. Briar, clay, meerschaum, strawberry wood, and olive wood pipes, as well as cobs and hardwoods are in my cabinet. There are eleven pipes on my Wishlist, and I am constantly finding more. There is no cure.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a real beauty for sure!!

Go luck with the PAD thing....sounds like yer hooked. :puffy:

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Great pipe and great choice of blend to christen it with as well. I've been eyeing Castello pipes as of late. I'm not a big fan of acrylic stems, but I really like the look of their pipes. I've got an apple and/or dublin on my wishlist. I hope you enjoy yours.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe. Castello makes some really nice shapes. Great flake to christen the pipe, reminds me to open a new tin. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Esteemed member Dave G put it this way, "When you have enough pipes that they get dusty between use, then you have PAD". But beware you clearly show the early symptoms. Irrational, unrelenting and uncontrollable and as Nate suggested, it can led you to ruin. Seek help but you won't find it here. We've all joyfully given in to it!

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
8O -Oh oh. This thread is starting to feel like watching an alcoholic just about to run into that first DUI, years before hitting bottom ...
Can't say I blame you. That's a smart looking pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.