PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peterson Tobacco Ad

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peterson Tobacco Ad

workman

Preferred Member
Jan 5, 2018
Always on the lookout for lightweight pipes to smoke comfortably while working, driving, reading etc., I pulled the trigger on these humble beauties from The Danish Pipe Shop. They cost a little over $100 each. The Stanwell weighs 39 grams and the Chacom 32 grams. Both have comfortable bits, pass pipecleaners and smoke wonderfully so far. I've had one smoke in each. Life is good :puffy:

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Very nice looking classic shapes. Great to hear they both smoke well for you. Congrats on 2 fine additions to your collection.

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
Neat billiards!
Do you ground your tobacco? I though flakes were s'posed to be cubed, not powdered! 8O

:D

workman

Preferred Member
Jan 5, 2018
@olkofri: I do sometimes. I don't grind it to powder. A little bit of grinding a dry flake rubs it out nicely. This is not necessary with Mac Baren or Dunhill flakes, but Samuel Gawith flakes are more rustic. Mostly I use the ground tobacco for kindling on top of some broken pieces of flake.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Love good clenchers and sturdy billiards. Those are real work horse pipes. Their sturdy shanks and stems, and the shaping, makes them good travel pipes too.

workman

Preferred Member
Jan 5, 2018
Thank you guys. Obviously I'm in the MSO-camp with factory made lower grade pipes. These two really fulfill their purpose.