PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
I machined out a tamper head for Nate. It was a quick little project, and I was glad to help a fellow brother out. For payment I told him to send me a tin of tobacco and we would call it even. I picked up the mail yesterday, the package felt heavy for one tin, this was the contents. Needless to say I was floored, three great blends. I've said it before the spirit of Brotherhood here is something special.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
From the looks of the tamper you made for him it is well deserved! It might have been a quick and easy project for you to turn the beauty, but it's a fantastic looking piece that most of us have neither the skills nor equipment to produce! I'm looking forward to seeing the wood handle if nate decides to go that rout. I think it looks fantastic as is!
My girlfriends' father has many metal lathes that he has been excited to show me (he's the only man in the house and I don't think the wife or daughter humour his hobbies) - I think he might enjoy teaching me to make something like that tamp.
I hope you enjoy the tobacco! Margate is a fine english - I just had a bag of it delivered after thoroughly enjoying the first several bowls from a tin.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Well said Drez!! I couldn't agree more! I felt like maybe I should've sent more! An update on that wonderful tamp! I've sent it off to Michael Parks who's going to do the woodwork. I believe, in the end, this will be the coolest pipe tamp that's ever been made! And it would never have happened otherwise!! THANK YOU!

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I've sent it off to Michael Parks who's going to do the woodwork. I believe, in the end, this will be the coolest pipe tamp that's ever been made!
I'm thinking this may be true! I can't wait to see the finished piece though I suspect it will make me very jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.