PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
Sorry folks for the newbie question, but I have been puzzled with the sales at Pipes and Cigars they call them, the battle of the blend. They look like good deals to me, until you get to check out and are hit with the 6.95 shipping fee.
Question is: If just wanted to try one of their battle of blend offers and pay the shipping. Is that a good deal? or is it a wash in the end?
Also-are there any online dealers that have cheaper shipping and handling fees? If some one bought a battle of the blend order for 13.00, than they have to pay 6. 95 for shipping that's roughly 48% of the order.
love to hear your ideas

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I always save up my orders to meet the $99 free shipping. I don't know of anyone online who is more competitive with shipping rates.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hi Wilson. You will see after hanging around for awhile that something called TAD exists here, and tobacco sales help quench it a little. The online retailers, (site sponsors in left hand border) all will give you free shipping when your order exceeds $95 to $100.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
There sre also occasional sales with free shipping or buy a specific item and your entire order ships free. CI recently had free shipping with the code "summer", and it might still be valid. Give them a call.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I know... shipping sucks on those small purchases. On the other hand, they can't afford to lose money on shipping. It's a real fee.
In my local B+M, they charge $21 for the 1.75 ounce tins of Dunhill and MacBaren. That's twice as much as at P+C.
Either way, you pay.
Best to wait for a great sale and lay out enough to get free shipping.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
thanks friends I have read about people saving and then putting a bulk together, man my girlfriend is going to kill me then she sees 100.00 order for tobacco a month :puffy:

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I always try to save up and aim for the $100 mark and free shipping when I order tobacco. But as a new smoker I can understand not being in the market for $100 worth of pipe tobacco all at once. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you're going to get a break in the shipping from anywhere else.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If your girlfriend likes coffee or grilling, there are some coffees and rubs/sauces under the accessories section that might help get you closer to free shipping and slow your descent into the dog house...
jay-roger.jpg

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Even on "small" orders I find it justifiable in my mind. Okay, say it's a medium drive to a brick and mortar...half hour there...half hour back..hassle...gas...wear and tear on car and nerves...wife will stick me with a shopping list...find parking. No 6.95 is worth it to me.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My wife is my best friend and will be here long after all of you have kicked me to the curb....
I love and respect her. No fear... (as long as I do what I am told... :rofl: )
jay-roger.jpg

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
Wait until the end of the month to place an order. Generally there are promotions running sometime during the month that will save you money. Aside from that, if you wait, you will have a good idea of your finances, which you can allocate towards a purchase.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mine never says a word about anything I buy. Even surprised me with 10 tins of Exotic Orange a few months ago.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
As the one who lives on the other side of the ocean I have to pay $6.99 + $5.30 per pound (international shipping) and even I find it reasonable. My orders are usually around $100, otherwise I have to pay $9.99 + $6.99 + $5.30 for their battle of blends offer. I always wait for the free shipping deals, they often have other good deals as well. Besides, for small purchases (2 tins or few ounces) you can choose $3.99 shipping option while checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.