P&C MIssouri Meerschaum American Patriot Tobacco Too Dry?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I ordered some tobacco from P&C for their IPSD sale. One of the tobaccos I ordered was a pouch of MM American Patriot. When I got it, it seemed to be rather dry, almost crispy. Is this normal? I put a moisturizing coin in the jar with it hoping that it might get a little hydration going on, but so far 24 hrs. later, it seems the same. Anybody else having this issue? Not sure if it's supposed to be this dry. I'll try smoking some tomorrow and see how it goes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Since we can't see exactly how dry it really it, it's kind of tough to answer that question. Did you weigh it? If it had dried out post-packaging then it will be under weight. What I know of Russ's work is that he favors selling tobacco (at smoking moisture level), and not PG or water. Russ's blends arrive ready to smoke, or damn near it. Have your tried a bowl?

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I ordered some MM Great Dane at the same time as the O/P, and it is not dry. Just got it and it's good to go.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I ordered some Country Gentleman on IPSD, and while it's drier than most straight from the pouch, I haven't found it to be too dry. It's just about right for loading and smoking without setting it out.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Ok, I tried a bowl of this, after it set for a while with a moisturizing coin in it, and it was a very nice smoke. Better than most "pouch" tobaccos, mainly because the latakia adds a little complexity. It's supposed to have a little bourbon flavor added, but I didn't notice it very much. A nice easy smoke that doesn't take a lot of thought. It might be another "lawn mowing" blend for me this summer. I still think it was almost too dry when I opened the pouch, and I still don't know if this is intentional or not. It did gain a little moisture from the coin I put in it a day ago, and I felt it was about right when I smoked it. I took the coin out, and will let it set for a few days before trying again.
Would be curious to hear what others think of this blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.