PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Mine should be with me tomorrow providing the post don't muck up the delivery. I'll happily take a free small cob.. I was just grabbing some pouches while they were on sale along with one of those unfinished stanwells.. I just wish I didn't leave my 20% coupon at home before I left.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I thought the list of stuff in the free goodie bag looked pretty awesome, considering that they're going to have to pay to ship it. Sure, it could be more, and in the past I recall people getting cigars and tins, but a pouch and a travel pipe is not half-bad at all.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Damn Jay, now my eyes hurt.
Harris, I think I have an old pic around here of the other end, if you prefer. You can't see the pipe, though. At least not THAT one.... 8O
:rofl:
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Sure, it could be more, and in the past I recall people getting cigars and tins, but a pouch and a travel pipe is not half-bad at all.
With the flak P&C has gotten in the past for their free goodie bag, I'm actually surprised they still do it. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. The 20% off deal was good enough in my opinion. That they still offered a goodie bag, regardless of what's in it, is pretty awesome on their part.
I still can't get over jthewell's comment...
I feel bad complaining since it was free,
Then why complain if you feel so bad about complaining. Do you feel bad because you know it's FREE and therefore complaining about it is kinda lame and childish? :crazy:
but if I knew what was in the bag, I would have just bought from smoking pipes.
Well by all means... they're a great company to do business with too! But then you wouldn't have gotten anything for free. Would you have complained then about them not offering anything for free? Or about them not offering as much of a discount as P&C? Probably not. This kind of nonsense irritates me to no end.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Like Anthony I bought from P&C for the 20% discount and the goodie bag was a much appreciated bonus.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jay,

Harris, I think I have an old pic around here of the other end, if you prefer. You can't see the pipe, though. At least not THAT one..
I almost lost my lunch on that first pic, even the thought of a second from your other end will probably give me nightmares. 8O

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Just received my goodie bag. The free MM cob somehow morphed into 3 cheap chinese cobs. 1M replaced by John Bull. No tamper, but I did get a nice Macanudo Travel Mug, which is cool. Otherwise, same goodies as everybody else.
I'll gladly trade the chinese cobs for a bowl or two of McClelland. Any takers? :rofl:

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Being new here, and ordering on my first IPSD, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out at PC that there WAS a free goodie bag. It was just a bonus. I was there for the 20% off, and was happy with that much. Free stuff? BONUS!

Jun 27, 2016
Yeah that goodie bag always seems to leave a sour taste in peoples mouths. People glaze over on the "worth $XXX" hook and get upset when the OTCs and corncobs start showing up, but that is what the goodie bags almost always are. And cigarillos. But if you got the book this time, I actually thought that that sounded pretty cool. And dude above is happy with his travel mug, so there you go. I never buy for the goodie bag though. 20% off, yes. Goodie bag, no. :puffy:

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I've never had Drexel before, so looking forward to trying that....3 star VAper Flake by STG sounds right up my alley. And I do like John Bull.

I think I'll try mudding the bottom of one of the chinese cobs just for grins just to see how long it lasts.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
The book is actually really good. If that is all I got it would have been great!
Oh and the pipe cleaners...a pipe smoker will always take some free pipe cleaners..

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I just didn't have the funds this year. I'm definitely disappointed that I missed out on the book. I don't recall them doing books in the past. What a cool idea. Negativity for free gifts just seems silly. We are definitely lucky that they still do it at all.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I'm definitely disappointed that I missed out on the book.
The book is very basic and geared towards an introduction for new pipe smokers. Lots of pictures and about an hour to read, so you aren't really missing out on anything. You are better off on Pipedia. I plan to lend mine out to friends new to pipe smoking with a few samples and a complimentary chinese cob. :D

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Tins of Viprati, Stanwell Classic,and Out of Office rum. That's the same three tins my son-in-law got in a goodie bag last fall. Also a cheap cob. Didn't notice if it's MM, but it's rougher than any MM I've ever had before. Also some short pipe cleaners, a Macanudo drawstring pouch, and a Paracord bracelet. Not fantastic, but the Viprati is nice. I'm pretty happy.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I bought a pipe from a forum member a while back and they threw in a pouch of John Bull.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Light latakia with sweet cavendish/VA and nutty burley.
I could smoke it all day, if need be, and not feel deprived.
Harris, for some ungodly reason, I'm growing attached to you, so I'll spare the additional images. :wink:
jay-roger.jpg

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Tins of Viprati, Stanwell Classic,and Out of Office rum. That's the same three tins my son-in-law got in a goodie bag last fall. Also a cheap cob. Didn't notice if it's MM, but it's rougher than any MM I've ever had before. Also some short pipe cleaners, a Macanudo drawstring pouch, and a Paracord bracelet.
That is exactly the last giveaway I received last year. I think it was from Customer Appreciation Week.
The drawstring pouch comes in handy. The pipe I got in that goodie bag was a mini MM. And I seem to remember a pipe tool too. The paracord bracelet makes a decent travel pipe stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.