Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Look what showed up today:
IMG_6392-vi.jpg

One huge box, containing my (relatively) small order and one free box of goodies
IMG_6396-vi.jpg

Here's the Freebies Box O'Goodies, and it passes the sniff test
So Here's What's In The Goodies Box:
IMG_6404_edit-vi.jpg
IMG_6418_edit-vi.jpg

There's a few hours of pleasure!
IMG_6408_edit-vi.jpg

A Borkum Riff branded pipe, looks like a second, should smoke just fine
IMG_6407_edit-vi.jpg

A very nice haul, and an equally nice gesture from the folks at P&C. Thank You!
The order was well (over)packed, and despite taking the free shipping option, it arrived in less than two days. Looks like USPS is now shipping directly from Bethlehem to my PO, instead of going via Philadelphia. Maybe Russ knows someone at the post office.....

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I'm confused on what exactly was your order, and what was the contents of the freebie box. What is the bulk tobacco in the baggie?? Is the Dr Grabow container a tobacco pouch? Is the lighter part of the freebie box??

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
looks to me the third picture is of the order plus the goodies...the fourth pic is of the goodies alone.
great little haul!

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
looks to me the third picture is of the order plus the goodies...the fourth pic is of the goodies alone.
great little haul!
Nope, that's even more confusing to me. It's International Pipe Smoking Day why send a whole bunch of cigars in the freebie box, instead of pipe items?? That makes no sense.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Sorry for the confusion, I edited the post to make it mo' clearer: The photos are the contents of the freebies box, not my order. The dog was not included in the freebies box.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
@michiganlover: you missed out, and you are still complaining about what's in the box. Oh, yea.
I didn't miss out on the box, as I didn't place any sort of order for IPSD.
While many of us are both pipe and cigar smokers, not everyone is. It seems very odd to me to include NINE cigars in a goodies box for International PIPE Smokers Day. Those will be appreciated by some, but certainly not all.
Also the Partagas glasses would have great potential to show up broken.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
still a great little haul.
mo' greater if the dog had been included. :puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
So you didn't place an order, didn't get a great box of free stuff, including some great and exceptionally well-packed Partagas snifters, which I'm sure that you would have really liked because they are quite nice, and you are still complaining.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
So you didn't place an order, didn't get a great box of free stuff, and you are still complaining.
Not complaining, just trying to understand the logic of including NINE cigars in a box for International Pipe Smokers Day.
While I would appreciate them (since I enjoy both cigars and pipes), others will be left looking to trade them, and would have likely preferred another premium tobacco that they could smoke instead.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The label reads:

"Michiganlover Butthurt Blend: Everything that he likes, just the way that he likes it. Free Refills"
Wow, dude you're a total ass. You must be so proud of yourself!!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, so...
You didn't place an order, didn't get a great box of free stuff, including some great and exceptionally well-packed Partagas snifters, which I'm sure that you would have really liked because they are quite nice, OR the nice cigar selection, which you probably would have really liked, because you just told us that you would have, and you are still complaining, but only on the behalf of other people who for some reason can't complain on their own, because, as you said, you would have appreciated receiving those cigars.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Pretty sweet haul.
The Partagas glassware looks really nice.(Close up picture looks like they would have a nice thickness/heft)
I would have to say I would be most jealous of the two day shipping though :)
Worst part about a TAD is checking UPS tracking 3 times day for a week thinking that would somehow have some sort of affect getting the package to deliver sooner.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Worst part about a TAD is checking UPS tracking 3 times day for a week thinking that would somehow have some sort of affect getting the package to deliver sooner.
I wasn't even expecting the box today, so when our mailman Dale pulled down the drive I was quite pleasantly surprised. I thought for sure that P&C was going to be swamped and backlogged on this one, but apparently not.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yikes that's a huge haul for a free box. I hope it turns more pipers onto cigars. After pipe smoking I took up cigar smoking also and now have a cooler full of boxes plus a fully stocked humidor, roughly 250 cigars easily. I have about 1 cigar a week, but smoke my pipes everyday.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks, Orley. That's our yellow lab Tula. We also have her black sister, Zara. Great dogs! Tula found the pipe to be quite tasty and actually ran off with it. I got it back before she could much more than slobber on it.
Andy, I took the opposite route. Started with cigars in 1991. A couple of years ago, JR had a deal on Wessex pipes with 2 free tins of Sutliff. I threw it in with my seegar order and haven't bought a box of dog rockets since. When (if) Spring arrives, I'll enjoy these cigars out on the deck.
Here's the view from the deck:
48423705048235-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.