PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dback

Lurker
Feb 23, 2015
I have been misunderstood. I never said I'd throw the pipe away! I said it was a bit rough, and below Dr. Grabow standards, but that wasn't a complaint, just a description.
I said I would probably throw the free pipe tool away. It is just really poorly suited for the job and I'd honestly rather use a nail if I couldn't find one of my Czech tools.
In case I have still not been clear, I am delighted with the Goody Box.
My Sutliff's are Balkan Luxury Blend which sounds right in my taste profile and Top Shelf Bourbon Blend.
Pleased to say that the glassware was thoroughly tested last night and performed admirably. :)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, so you are blaming me for all of the people that got banned?

Please clarify, or repeat that allegation a little more succinctly, if you are capable.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
100852103_electrostatic-sensitive-area-esd-warning-sign-poster-.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Pete knock it on the head will you otherwise I will get like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld and start screaming......no Condor for you!

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
You got it Condor - Just making a point.
Its all fun and games until someone's feelings get hurt.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Ok so despite all the folks who seem let down by what is the free box. I'm not in that camp. I started smoking cigars so seeing that there are about 10 in the box I got my humidor out re-seasoned it and await my box showing up. As for the quality of the pipe I wont hold my breath for an amazing pipe. Maybe it will be my sample pipe, you know the one you try all your new blends in.. :D

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I must say I am a little confused about this whole thing - I think I will pop off and check out the midget jelly wrestling and black powder pistol owners forum!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
You know if that's the case then why hasn't the forum member who was jabbed with the comment in the first place leave?? Oh because he like most can take a jab...but I guess not all like to joke or pick. All in all it is childish but to leave a forum if that's the case....

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Ok, I have lost the point of this thread, and am now quite confused.
I did not order anything from P&C on IPSD, and I did not get a freebie goody box. However, I feel perfectly fine. I am under the impression that I should be angry.
That goody box looks to be filled with the equivalent of the Big Lots "heavily-discounted Christmas decorations" my Mother-in-Law brings over every New Year's Eve (which we promptly throw away the moment she leaves). And yet somehow I feel deprived that I don't have a goody box, even though I didn't purchase anything to earn a chance at getting one.
Today I purchased from P&C some Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky, GLP Jackknife Plug, and some SG Full VA Flake, SG Brown Kendal Twist, and SG Black XX, and I will not be receiving a goody box. I feel as though I should be mad, but I feel fine.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Wonderful looking collection of goodies there 'Road. Nice haul.
Also... Really?
People got grumpy because they missed the goody box cutoff?
Further, their knickers got so twisted that they are still complaining about it?
Dudes (and dudettes, let's be equal opportunists here), PandC does this ANNUALLY. This really shouldn't be a surprise, unless you're new. If you're new, welcome, see the "they do this every year," part. In addition, they ALWAYS put a disclaimer that says something to the effect of, "VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES, AVAILABLE ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST." Which is, likely, why people like Woodsroad populate their cart a day or two in advance of a holiday (Black Friday, and IPSD are two good days to do this hinthintpokepokenudgenudge). They then wait for the deal to be announced and press send/purchase/buy-it-now.
So... in short...

1) PandC does this at least once a year.

2) Be prepared.

3) Read the fine print.

4) If you miss out, at least be happy that you are able to buy wonderful tobacco at non-usurious prices.

5) Enjoy your 'baccy when it arrives.
I'd grumble about PandC's decision not to ship to Canada, but I'm used to it. I understand why they choose not to do so, and I purchase from other e-tailers.
Also, going commando helps resolve the whole knicker-twisting thing.
-- Pat

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
You know if that's the case then why hasn't the forum member who was jabbed with the comment in the first place leave?? Oh because he like most can take a jab...but I guess not all like to joke or pick. All in all it is childish but to leave a forum if that's the case....
I was the person the original comments were aimed at. My opinion, is that woodsroad is a total asshole. Those of you who continue to call the mystery blend in the box Butthurt Blend are not funny, and quite childish.
However, in the grand scheme of life, life is way too short for me to be overly concerned with a bunch of assholes on a forum who I will never meet in real life.
Happy Pipe Smoking folks.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I guess since we all can't play nicely, I'll just have close this thread that started off innocently enough.
For future reference, leave the name calling out of the forums and the world will be a happier place.
Maybe.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.