PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Rant/
I've gotten a lot of good tobacco at insanely good prices in my paltry 2 years of pipe smoking. A lot of it was from P&C.
Just like Black Friday or any really good deal, the mob of frenzied consumers often show en masse and break the machine. It happens often and in almost every industry.
Most of us remember the days where you either carried your lazy butt to the store and hoped they had your desired item at any price, or made a toll free call, placed an order and then waited 6-8 weeks for delivery.
We've become a bunch of whiny, spoiled brats when we can't have anything we want any time we want and with no "inconvenience".
Paid for something and got a refund because demand exceeded stock and overwhelmed the machine? You've lost nothing but a few minutes of time filling a digital cart. Go to your safe space and decompress.
As they say, the sun will come out tomorrow...
/Rant
Have a nice weekend.
jay-roger.jpg

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
We've become a bunch of whiny, spoiled brats when we can't have anything we want any time we want and with no "inconvenience".
Paid for something and got a refund because demand exceeded stock and overwhelmed the machine? You've lost nothing but a few minutes of time filling a digital cart. Go to your safe space and decompress.
Yes, how dare anyone complain when getting screwed over in an exchange of goods/services. They should embody more stoic ideals and not express negative opinions on the Internet...
Except when said opinion is an opinion of a negative opinion, evidently?
:rofl:

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
P & C certainly has sync issues and have had them for the better part of two years. This last one certainly was a doozy.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I don't want to initiate a pissing contest but I am unconvinced that "Sorry, we are out of that item. Here's your money back." constitutes getting screwed.
jay-roger.jpg

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I don't want to initiate a pissing contest but I am unconvinced that "Sorry, we are out of that item. Here's your money back." constitutes getting screwed.
I understand.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
@jaytex, this last drop found me with a bag of Penzanze, Stovenhaven and Pembroke in my cart. I checked out and even received a confirmation email only to find out the next day they had cancelled the order with no notice or acknowledgement of cancellation. They have some real serious computer/programming issues that they just can’t seem to get right. I knew this was a possibility because I also got caught up in the Pelican debacle. But you would think time after time of this happening that they would fix the issue. This last go round really made a lot of people upset. I’ll be curious to see what happens moving forward since they know they have a problem.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Well, I was on a rant last night and have now returned to my normal, pseudo-apathetic self.
Thank you, recluse, for taking the high road in our exchange.
Snoopy, I would also be annoyed if there were not even notification of the cancellation.
I still feel our collective expectations of the "just in time" supply system and instant gratification delivery intervals are pushing the boundaries of realistic.
But, I am only half way through my coffee, so what do I know? :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Thank you, recluse, for taking the high road in our exchange.
No worries. We're all friends here. In the bigger scheme of things, it's actually kind of funny.

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.