Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Mine was cancelled too, 6 different bags ordered (no Penz or Stony) and 0 are shipping.

sonnyblack

Lurker
Oct 8, 2018
I wonder if it was a problem with the stock on the bags. Grabbed a tin of Margate and then went back for a tin of ASTB about 30 minutes later. Both shipped luckily.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Here's what Russ had to say about it on Facebook:
image-3-21-19-at-1004-pm.jpg

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
I like more the system where you can sign up and wait your turn. Once something shows up and you are signed for it, you got a notification and few days to buy it. If you decide to pass, then whats left is released to the next in the row.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I like more the system where you can sign up and wait your turn. Once something shows up and you are signed for it, you got a notification and few days to buy it. If you decide to pass, then whats left is released to the next in the row.

This is what IR&C does...Yet I did get my Esoterica order from Mars, Milan & TopHot this week. Now waiting for the Next Drop.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
I would love if they implemented a VIP program. I spent around $10k with them last year and am receiving 0 bags that I ordered. The same thing happened with the last Eso drop, which is one reason why I have been buying more from other sources.

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Online sources certainly have their place, especially large quantity orders of more readily available blends. However, B&Ms can't be beat for the ability to hold things for you when/if they come in. Actually getting the Esoterica blends you're looking for is worth the few dollars more you pay for tins and bags.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Placed order for bag of Margate, Dunbar, & tin of Dunbar. Order shipped complete with the tin of Dunbar. Both bags were canceled, and charged tax on the original order! Not happy.
P&C customer service corrected the tax & shipped (1) tin as if the order total was over $80 (aka Free)! Giving a thumbs up for the correction & doing this customer right.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Wow... What a mess. Sure hope they get it figured out.
This Esoterica frenzy borders on insanity. I really do like Margate and want to try Penzance but this is getting stupid ridiculous.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Thought.....what would go a long way is to contact people who had their orders canceled as soon as the next shipment arrives, before it’s posted ‘In Stock’ on the website.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I like the sign up idea. Kind of like on SP's where you're placed in a que for the email, but instead it's a que for the purchase that holds the product for your place in line. You have several days to decide and purchase, before its released to next person in line for it. That could solve a lot and slow the train down a bit. No more pinching, biting and fighting to get in, just to buy it and find out its oversold. Just a thought.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Shop B&M's. I paid considerably less for Penzanace and Stonehaven from my B&M sources than the prices quoted by P&C. Their other Esoterica prices are about the same as my B&M sources. So you're not getting any bargain, nor any advantage, from P&C, unless you hit the magic free shipping amount. And you'll be paying tax in the near future, if you're not already doing so. So shop B&M's. I have all of the Esoterica that I'll ever need. If it stops being made and distributed tomorrow, I don't care. It wasn't difficult to find. I just didn't waste time stalking or pining at the portals of online stores.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
It wasn't difficult to find. I just didn't waste time stalking or pining at the portals of online stores.
Yep. Thinking this is the way to go. You and Embers both have mentioned this numerous times.
No B&M's around here so I'll have to get on the phone. Should I make contact first as an interested customer and approach the Esoterica subject at a later time? I really would like to establish a relationship with a few B&M's and don't want to appear to be a lunatic Esoterica hunter...

Status
Not open for further replies.