PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Who are some really good artisan corn cob pipe makers at the moment? Id like to go window shopping maybe.
Riccardo Santia makes some interesting pieces.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Missouri Meerschaum.
Old Dominion makes good cobs also. I don't like the stems.
Rico Santia.
There are some that modify MM cobs - I have a Bullet-Proof Cob from Red Dog Pipes.
There are some folks on Etsy that paint and/or modify cobs.
(Edited, posted before I read CM's Post)

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I identify this series of pipes as unexciting as:
Last year when the threat of the FDA deeming threatened tobacco, as well as pipe makers, a few makers folded and went on to follow other pursuits. I talked to Marilyn of MM about this, and they considered this as well, but decided to push on. Anything new arising from them is cause for excitement for me because as the tobacco world is falling apart, MM is still going.
wood can be finished with color or stain much more attractively than cob.
6IHqlHS.jpg

nEDd8V6.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Foiled again, by the pictures and the excitement over new pipes by someone still in the business.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I know. The FDA has really taken away some real talent, but hope MM keeps pushing on.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The FDA has really taken away some real talent
But a small price to pay in exchange for the vigilant oversight and scrutiny they exercise over the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Just think how vulnerable we would be without our valiant protectors at the FDA.
And as an added bonus, they even protect us from those scary Amish people:
Amish man slapped with six-year prison sentence for growing and selling his own herbal remedies
https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-07-07-u-s-government-gives-amish-man-six-year-prison-sentence-for-growing-and-selling-his-own-natural-herbal-supplement.html

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Who are some really good artisan corn cob pipe makers at the moment? Id like to go window shopping maybe.
John Keller is my favorite. The guy is doing some incredible work. Check it out:
https://www.instagram.com/jwk2366/

Status
Not open for further replies.