PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I'm probably wrong, but my first thought upon the launch of these was that they were likely well known bulks simply packaged in a tin. Package something in a tin, and it seems you can automatically sell it for a little more coin. On the other hand they all seem to be positively reviewed.
Likely good blends, but nothing earth shattering, just good basic flavors.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Looks like an attempt to make an OTC brand:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/brands/2105/out-of-office/
$5/tin

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I've never tried anything from the lineup, but I joined the Tobacco of the Month Club and anticipate I'll eventually receive a tin as P&C looks to reduce inventory.
I second deathmetal's recommendation on adblockplus. It changed my life.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I have Out of Office but have only smoked it twice and although it was smooth and bite free I don't remember it being a standout in any way. I'll give it a go again tonight and post my opinion...

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Well I packed a cob with some Out Of Office Gone Fishing and lit'er up. Upon lighting I didn't get that initial blast of flavor I usually get with an aromatic and as I was puffing (sipping) away for the first few minutes I thought yep just another Lane tobacco with very little taste. There was some commotion at the apartments up the road so I went for a walk to see what was up. As i was walking and smoking I noticed that this tobacco was actually pretty good. I was now getting a nice sweet caramel type taste not unlike 4noggins Three Blind Moose or Butternut Burley. The tobacco in the tin was a jet black cavendish and super wet and sticky, even still it lit and burned just fine. There is no real tobacco flavor here but most black cavendishes don't anyway. All in all its a pretty decent aro for 3/4 of the bowl and i look forward to having another soon possibly while fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.