PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
At the Chicago Show every year, there is a huge award (our hobby's biggest), that is handed out to an individual who has done something or a lot of things over a long period of years to enhance the hobby. The list of former winners is HUGELY impressive.
I want to congratulate our own Brian Levine, host of the Pipesmagazine.com Radio Show for winning the 2015 Doctor of Pipes award at the Chicago Show. Not only has Brian taken the hobby to a new level of entertainment with his radio show, he has, for decades, worked in the pipe and tobacco industry. His knowledge of pipes and tobaccos is astounding. Folks, when I need help dating old tinned tobacco, I just ask Brian and nine times out of ten he has the answer and then tosses in a bit of history about the tobacco, to boot!
I have long admired and appreciated Brian Levine for what he has done for our hobby and for the gentleman that he is. We are blessed to have him around.
By the way, I asked Brian what was the first thing he did after getting his Doctorate. He said that since he's about to turn 50, the first thing he did was give himself a Prostate exam. :wink:
Congratulations Dr. Levine!

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I love the podcast. I'm listening to them in reverse chronology. Congratulations, Dr. Levine.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l66etP7mBJU
I had to swap videos. Doctor Levine would get angry if he saw a Van Halen video without Diamond Dave singing (singing?).

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Congrats, and well deserved. I only encounter Brian through the podcast, but his info has made a huge difference in my pipe smoking approach, and enjoyment.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here is Brian's first prescription that he wrote for Greg Pease.
prescription.jpg

Here is Brian accepting his Dr. of Pipes award at the show a couple of weeks ago.
brian.jpg

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Never met him, never texted him, never emailed him. BUT he has been my connection with many facets of the web for years. There is great appreciation for that and the Doctor of Pipes is well deserved! Being a doctor is about having knowledge and sharing it constructively to the masses. Brian has certainly done that!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
One of his many contributions that I think gets overlooked is the fact that the podcast radio show is a digital archive of pipe smoking history, knowledge and the hobbies personalities. Without Brian's show I doubt future generations would be as blessed if they were so inclined as to take up the pipe, which I hope they do. Congratulations Dr. Levine!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
AH HA HA HA HA, All Aboard!

When I listen to the podcasts I think of Brian as a young man. I guess compared to myself, he's young. What is it? Just turned 50? That's mid life crisis time for a lot of guys...I don't know if pipe smokers are as susceptible to those emotional upheavals that cause guys to try to achieve something 'youthful'...but, what was I thinking?

anyway...

Dr. Levine...and his first prescription...this stuff is just too good! Delivered at the Chicago Pipe Show 2015!

I feel as if I share in the elation somehow as a reader, listener and pipe enthusiast.

The website and radio show have done a fine job promoting fellowship over a pipe or cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.