PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's VERY good. Just smoked my first bowl and while it is a STELLAR smoke, I prefer Exotique. This is a good thing since I have far more of if :)

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Congrats Nate, mine still shows "awaiting shipment."
So the Exotique is better. Great I would order some of that in addition but no last order so no new order.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Zito, I'd give him a call. Even my second order shipped fast. Check because he should be caught up. In the meantime order the Exotique. You DO NOT want to miss that one.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I must be missing something. Are they halting production? Rare that they have it?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
This was the email I received from them... Apparently after the 8th of Aug there'll be no more.

"Hello Nate,
Sorry, I am all sold out of Our Best Blend. Just a heads up, I am also going to run out of Exotique and the other blends soon. I may or may not get a re-stock before the FDA ruling goes into effect August 8th. I am so sorry for the delay. I have been shipping non-stop and I am a one man team. Thank you so much for your support and patience. Your package is ready to go out now and I am emailing the shipping confirmation with tracking to you. Enjoy!
Best Regards,

Premal Chheda"

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
And people think some of us are overreacting to the FDA regs?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
My order was supposed to arrive yesterday but I finally got it today! I only got two so I'm not going to post a picture next to your pile of OBB. It will likely make me feel tiny.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I sent a message this afternoon and he quickly responded. I'm glad he's busy. I hope all good merchants in our hobby remain busy.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks Nate, I also sent a message and got a quick reply. My order is processed and shows as shipped with the tracking number. Woo Hoo. Thanks Smokers' Haven, I can't wait. Now for my second order.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
When he sent me that email, I gather he was frustrated and tired. I asked him a few questions about the future and here's his response. Perhaps it's not so bad as he first implied?
"Hello Nate,
I am not sure how long I will have it. It is possible I will get another shipment soon. I will not know for at least a month. As to future stock, it all depends on what happens with the FDA regulations. It is possible that I will be able to still bring the tobacco in, but it depends on the details of the regulations which are still unclear. Also it is possible the regulations will be held up with lawsuits. There is too much unknown with the regulations right now. The only thing we can do is keep trying to educate our lawmakers about pipe tobacco."

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Gosh Nate! How many total tins did you get?(33)of the exotique(21)and the our best(12) in your order again? I'm not envious! Really! :nana:
Plugugly

Status
Not open for further replies.