PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I see everything under the sun but I don't see anything with hints of orange, orange peel, etc. I do see some described as "citrusy." Anyone know of a blend with a decided orange sort of taste?

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Orange Pekoe? Try some Orlik Golden Sliced in a container with an orange suspended above it, puncture the skin with cloves and leave it sit?

Planta and Holger Danske has one, the tin smell is orangey, but I barely get a hint of orange from the smoke... and that would be just upon the initial lighting. Then it just turns into a regular aromatic that has no taste or smell to the smoker. And, bystanders tell me that they don't get any orange aromas from the smoke of those. YMMV.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
Actually the Sherlock Holmes was a little tangy as I remember. Might need to pick some up again, it was nice.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
HU Bahi Orange is another. The Rattray's and the Heinrich's are very rich with a deep orange flavor.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Orlik Racing Green has a subtle greatfruit flavor. I enjoy it.
I grew up with orange trees. Had to pick greatfruits every morning for breakfast, while they were in season.

beehive

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2017
Holger Danske does Vanilla & Orange and I thought I saw a couple Ashton blends labelled as either citrus or lemon flavoured.
On another note I came across a miniature oak barrel for tobacco/cigars made in the style of an old whiskey barrel for aging spirits. The idea was that you could rub alcohol or an essence that the company sells to rub into the oak which would then in theory infuse your smoke while it sits. Interested to see if they do a decent job, could use it to make a blend you dislike more interesting.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Thanks guys, I will check those out. I was looking for something to mix with something like maybe Bob's Chocolate Flake. That HU Bahi Orange might just have beaten me to the punchline in the total package. Great recommendations!

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
You don't need to invest in an Oak barrel to season tobacco. Find a store that sells brewing gear or check the internet for some Oak infusion spirals. Soak in whatever you want and put them in with the tobacco.
barrel-mill-oak-infusion-spiral-american-oak-medium-toast-8--1000px-1000px.jpg

Jun 27, 2016
D&R Blenders Bench Bulgarian Oriental. A bowl of that will turn your head into a kumquat, or you can just add it to other tobaccos. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.