PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I too like to only have one tin (on rare occasions two) open at a time. It seems to help me know what to expect and try the same blend in different pipes.
But once that tin is finished, I may stray to a totally different type of blend. But then I only open that one tin again. :puffy:

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I don't like havin any more than about 6 or so tins/jars in use at a time. I like variety, but I also want to be able to give each blend some attention so I can become more familiar with it and find the nuances in it that may make me want to buy more and cellar, or not. Plenty of good blends, some really great blends and some ho-hum ones. I want to find the ones I love and not worry about the just ok ones. Gotta spend time with them to get used to it.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I guess I am a little different, I have 24 open tins at the moment. I always buy tins/bags in two's, open one to try and cellar the other. I do keep all opened tins in sealed mason jars so they always are ageing and staying fresh. Seems to work so far. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.