PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
As I posted last year, Xmas is almost here again. And with the season comes another time to indulge in one of my favorite seasonal movies. Chevy Chase, "Christmas Vacation".
My wife just cannot understand why I watch this movie year after year, and continue to laugh at the same lines. I know the lines by heart. I could play the role of either Clark, or Eddie.
"It's a bit nipply out. I mean nippy!"
TjY58gl.jpg

Jun 4, 2014
My favorite still is a "Christmas Story" it may be a little corny, but I still watch a it several times during the season.
"Schwartz , caused a slight breech of etiquette, by skipping the triple dare you and going right for the throat"

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I really love "A Christmas Carol", the version with George C. Scott. I also love the animated version with Jim Carey.

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
Elf for the laugh, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Die Hard for the traditions.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
White Christmas is the movie I must see every Christmas season. I like all the rest that are listed though. Also: The Bishop's Wife, The Ref, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
The trouble with growing up in the nostalgia generation is that there are so many Xmas movies and Xmas specials that I have enjoyed for so many years that I can't view them objectively anymore. I make a point to see It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Story every Xmas season, even if I've just got it on while working on the laptop. Lately, Christmas Vacation has been reaching this tier; it's a very funny movie! There are a number of adaptations of A Christmas Carol in rotation, though sometimes I just like to read the original.
And don't get me started on those Xmas specials ... :mrgreen:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My top three:

1. It's a Wonderful Life, for sure.

2. The Little Shop Around the Corner

3. The Bishops wife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3nsHRKZJA

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for me............ It just takes me back, back to my youth, brings back lots of fond memories of my parents, grandparents, and brother. Back to a simpler time, stop motion animation- I love that. Probably a corny movie I know, but that one I can get lost in for a while, and just enjoy myself and all those great memories growing up for a bit..... :puffy:
6aDmS2E.jpg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
A Christmas Story all the way for me. My mother gave me a life size leg lamp about five years ago....one of the best presents I've EVER received!

Status
Not open for further replies.